Wiki Posts
Search

JFK-EGE no biz seats for sale?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2018, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, UA 1K
JFK-EGE no biz seats for sale?

I'm looking at AA 2783 on Feb 28th from JFK to EGE (Vail, CO) and was surprised to see that there are no J seats for sale (discount or flexible)...though what was even more surprising was upon opening the seat map (and confirmed on EF) 10 out of 16 seats are unassigned/open and yet not for sale. I know AA will occasionally hold back seats for connections, but a majority of the cabin? Anyone seen this before or know what is going on? Will those seats open up / are they being held for connecting passengers / is this a glitch? I'd really like one of those seats.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 12:29 pm

Programs: Chase Sapphire Reserve, WFBF
Originally Posted by wjbesh
I'm looking at AA 2783 on Feb 28th from JFK to EGE (Vail, CO) and was surprised to see that there are no J seats for sale (discount or flexible)...though what was even more surprising was upon opening the seat map (and confirmed on EF) 10 out of 16 seats are unassigned/open and yet not for sale. I know AA will occasionally hold back seats for connections, but a majority of the cabin? Anyone seen this before or know what is going on? Will those seats open up / are they being held for connecting passengers / is this a glitch? I'd really like one of those seats.
No, it is likely that those seats are sold but the passengers have not selected a seat. They could be on an itinerary sold by a partner (e.g., BA, IB) connecting through JFK. Many partners do not allow seat selection without a fee until check in time.

EF shows:
Old Nov 25, 2018, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, UA 1K
Ah thanks, I didn't think about OW partner sales, that would make sense. I guess 10 seats is only 2-3 families flying to Vail from Europe for a ski holiday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.