Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problems booking JAL with AAdvantage

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2018, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Problems booking JAL with AAdvantage

Hi everyone. I tried searching around but couldn't figure this out completely.

I'm booking a trip ORD-NRT on JAL using AA miles. I searched BA and QF and both show availability on the flight (nonstop). I've called AA Gold twice and AA UK Reservations, all three have told me they don't see the availability. I asked them to search for T fares on JAL and they still confirmed to me it is not available.

Am I missing something here?
Old Nov 21, 2018, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Availability also showing on Alaska....
Old Nov 21, 2018, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by noahsilv
Hi everyone. I tried searching around but couldn't figure this out completely.

I'm booking a trip ORD-NRT on JAL using AA miles. I searched BA and QF and both show availability on the flight (nonstop). I've called AA Gold twice and AA UK Reservations, all three have told me they don't see the availability. I asked them to search for T fares on JAL and they still confirmed to me it is not available.

Am I missing something here?
I had something similar a week ago, on a different JAL route. I’m just going to try again in a week or so.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Did JAL pull it specifically to AA?
Old Nov 21, 2018, 4:20 pm

You might need to emphasize that it's the JAL flight you're looking for. Even if I say it, they often search the AA inventory only until I double-check that they're searching JAL.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Yeah, they say they're searching JAL... I've specifically told them to search JAL for T and they put me on hold for a while to do it but they come back with nothing.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Just wanted to update... fourth time I called they booked it no problem and waived the phone booking fee. Waiting to be ticketed now which I heard takes a while
Old Nov 22, 2018, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by noahsilv
Just wanted to update... fourth time I called they booked it no problem and waived the phone booking fee. Waiting to be ticketed now which I heard takes a while
They don’t charge a phone fee for partners not bookable online for awards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.