FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Upgrade space schedule for BOS-EZE (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1941336-upgrade-space-schedule-bos-eze.html)

dpakman91 Nov 19, 2018 9:16 am

Upgrade space schedule for BOS-EZE

Hi all, looking to fly BOS-EZE, ideally via JFK, in business. From experience, there are basically not saver awards that allow this without extraneous stops, BOS-LGA-MIA-EZE or stuff like that, so typically in the past I will buy an economy ticket BOS-JFK-EZE on a day that there is upgrade space and do the $300 + 25k miles per person each way thing. I'm looking to travel between mid june and mid july and currently not seeing any upgrade availability on EF.

Am I simply too early and that upgrade space hasn't been opened yet? Does anyone know how long before the flight dates those upgrade slots would be opened? Any other advice for this? thanks!

AlwaysSunnyInORD Nov 19, 2018 9:35 am

You aren’t too early, assuming you are looking for June/July 2019. AA has been getting worse about opening C space so upgrades are tough to find. Two options here, you can wait it out and hope that things open up or you can book the dates you want and go on the upgrade wait list. Best of luck.

dpakman91 Nov 19, 2018 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyInORD (Post 30445479)
You aren’t too early, assuming you are looking for June/July 2019. AA has been getting worse about opening C space so upgrades are tough to find. Two options here, you can wait it out and hope that things open up or you can book the dates you want and go on the upgrade wait list. Best of luck.

Interesting. Am I correctly seeing that there is currently 0 availability on any leg of BOS-JFK-EZE nor BOS-MIA-EZE for the entire second two weeks of June on ANY DAY, or am i searching incorrectly on EF?

platbrownguy Nov 19, 2018 4:58 pm

You're searching right. There are many routes than have no C availability on any days ever.

AlwaysSunnyInORD Nov 20, 2018 7:37 am

Originally Posted by platbrownguy (Post 30446883)
You're searching right. There are many routes than have no C availability on any days ever.

Agreed. OP is searching correctly. OP also will find C at 0 for June/July 2019 on MIA-EZE as well as DFW-EZE.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen C space on long haul international as bad as it is right now.

AlwaysSunnyInORD Nov 20, 2018 8:16 am

One thing I will mention is that I would recommend checking aa.com for mileage redemptions. If the dates work and you have the miles there is availability for BOS to/from EZE in June (most available in early June) at SAAver rates in J. The routes go through DFW or MIA (not JFK). Some dates have 4+ J seats available.

enpremiere Nov 20, 2018 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by platbrownguy (Post 30446883)

Equally as correct, there are some routes that have C availability every day. Think YUM-PHX!

platbrownguy Nov 20, 2018 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by enpremiere (Post 30449687)
Equally as correct, there are some routes that have C availability every day. Think YUM-PHX!

TBH it has gotten better, domestically, than when this madness first started. There's even availability on flights like DCA-DFW-DCA for December 3-4. Granted, the flights are only $100 each way ($130 in Main), so I would never redeem at $0.01/mile for such a flight -- but the option is there when it hasn't been the past few months.