Easiest and best "value" SWU to clear?

Old Nov 20, 2018, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
I've read the blogs stating the 777-300ER that's on the MIA to EZE route's going to seasonally do LAX to HND early June to end of October in 2019. I was already considering this route. Checking not on aa.com still showing the 787 on that route. This seems to be a significant increase in premium seats, presuming some business seat flyer's might move up to first so that helps too. Decent flexible RT pricing as well. When they do put this in the schedule I wonder if it will mean some C space opening up to use my SWU's on this flight shortly after booking? Probably being too optimistic but maybe?
Old Nov 20, 2018, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
To disprove "impossible" one needs only a single datapoint, it would be more accurate to say its improbable to find C space at time of booking.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 8:09 pm

GetSetJetSet, you're better off using SWU's from J to F if you want an instant upgrade. Not only that, but AA has really beefed up their on-ground F perks at JFK and MIA - definitely worth it in my opinion.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 10:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
My first rule is that if I want a C upgrade, when I'm looking I need to be be willing to book. Found DFW-DUB last Dec for Jan. Booked it that same night. Also my strategy is that if only showing C1, I put Mrs. Deac83 (plat) in that seat and I'm most likely to clear. So far, this has always worked. We did this for DFW-Rey earlier this year as well.

I know that a couple of years ago we booked DFW-LHR with C0 about 5 months out. For 2 months it stayed C0 then suddenly it when C7. Only point is the Rev Mgmt can flip the switch at any time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.