Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flight Status: "On Time" but really isn't...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriot Platinum

Somebody care to explain the behavior of both the app and the website indicating a flight is "On Time" but clearly isn't and wasn't...
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
I believe if flights are scheduled to arrive 10-15 after posted times AA considers the flight “ on time.” Of course tell that to those that just missed their connection with rebanking of hubs.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA-EXP
According to Flightaware it was 19 minutes late. I WISH that was the average of my delayed flights!

Old Nov 16, 2018, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
I believe if flights are scheduled to arrive 10-15 after posted times AA considers the flight “ on time.” Of course tell that to those that just missed their connection with rebanking of hubs.
It's not just AA who makes that judgement;. Within 15 minutes of schedule is considered on-time in the DOT statistics: "A flight is counted as "on time" if it operated less than 15 minutes later the scheduled time shown in the carriers' Computerized Reservations Systems (CRS)"

https://www.bts.gov/topics/airlines-...-flight-delays

This is not really much of an issue to warrant a thread.
nancypants likes this.

Last edited by bse118; Nov 16, 2018 at 6:29 pm
Old Nov 16, 2018, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by bse118
It's not just AA who makes that judgement;. Within 15 minutes of schedule is considered on-time in the DOT statistics: "A flight is counted as "on time" if it operated less than 15 minutes later the scheduled time shown in the carriers' Computerized Reservations Systems (CRS)"

https://www.bts.gov/topics/airlines-...-flight-delays

This is not really much of an issue to warrant a thread.
You haven't read most of the other threads then...

Except it wasn't within 15 minutes as advertised by AA. Both my personal experience with this particular flight and the flight aware statistics show it was over 15 minutes than the scheduled time shown. AA never showed the flight as delayed throughout the whole journey. Despite ultimately being >15 minutes past their scheduled times.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA PPRO
You will also find app notifications to lag a little bit, so it is easy to see a screenshot like yours in a delay if you time it right.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.