2018 - End of year roll call

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2018, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond
I'm in the middle of the pack, or slightly below average in this group with:

EQDs: $17,018
EQMs: 112,323
EQSs: 75

There are some amazing numbers in this thread, but the one that strikes me was 154 EQS.
EGSExec and krakendown like this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 10:12 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

I'm shocked (embarrassed?) that I'm #2 on segments from what I can see. I don't feel like I'm as heavy of a traveler as some of y'all on here. Anyway, with about 15 segments, $3k left, here's where I am today:
$: 19.9k
Segments; 145
Miles: 131k

Last edited by IAHtraveler; Nov 25, 2018 at 11:09 pm
Old Nov 26, 2018, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by HLCinCOU
Second post in the thread, thelark has 105,444 EQM in 21 segments for 5021 EQM/EQS. Willing to bet there are more up in that range. Still, I for one am very envious of your pattern; every time I see these comparisons I think to myself "man I'm really doing this the hard way" with my <1000 EQM/EQS pattern.
I'll admit to only a cursory look-see and typing after a few drinks rarely promotes nuanced text.

Additionally my recent 4 segment 3700mile itin damaged that average... there's always next year!!!
Old Nov 26, 2018, 7:57 am

Programs: American Exec Plat Hilton Dia, IHG Plat, Hertz 5*, National Exec E, Delta Gold,
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
I'm shocked (embarrassed?) that I'm #2 on segments from what I can see. I don't feel like I'm as heavy of a traveler as some of y'all on here. Anyway, with about 15 segments, $3k left, here's where I am today:
$: 19.9k
Segments; 145
Miles: 131k
Frankly, I’m embarrassed for myself! Should have been 155 and 156 today, but can’t get to ORD and then AZO today due to WX. Still trying... we shall see.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 8:00 am

Programs: American Exec Plat Hilton Dia, IHG Plat, Hertz 5*, National Exec E, Delta Gold,
Originally Posted by IflyonAA

Can't really be bothered anymore. I have been flying with other airlines and have been burning up my AA miles all year - without sounding too brash (sorry!!) I even bought my own plane for 1000 mile trips or less because I'm simply fed up. They don't get it and they don't care which makes me ever so happy about the fact that I sold all of our AA stock a couple of years ago too.

Parker says that people don't complain about legroom etc.... If you choose the questions AND the available answers on these surveys then they (AA MGMT) only hear the answers they they want to hear. They are useless! I flew on first to Barbados the other day in F, on the new 737 MAX(ed) and it was awful. Plastic cheap seats that were already falling apart and no airshow/moving map. I honestly think I could do a better job of running an airline than these muppets.

I'm going rogue and I'll take with it my family and business that I have and the friends/business that I have influence over.

I still have my 4 SWUs that I have been UNABLE to use (not without trying).......... Waste of time.

*** If AA MGMT reads this, please PM me. I'd love to talk.
I’m looking at a Bonanza for similar reasons. Not fancy, as it’s probably going to be an E model, but still 160kt airplane that had decent legs and can get me where I want to go faster than our club airplanes.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 11:26 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by EGSExec

I’m looking at a Bonanza for similar reasons. Not fancy, as it’s probably going to be an E model, but still 160kt airplane that had decent legs and can get me where I want to go faster than our club airplanes.
An A36 TN Bonanza is exactly what I have.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 11:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Amb
EQD: $22,585
EQM: 101,171
EQS: 98

Made it to EXP for the first time this year. I know there are a lot of complaints about everything being devalued, but I'm still happier to make it than not.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
EQD $25,023
EQM 218,628
EQS 39

Still have one more J trip to Europe split between this year and next year...
Old Nov 26, 2018, 12:45 pm

I had a flight yesterday that has yet to post. I should end up with ~$15K EQD and 102K EQMs.

This is an interesting thread. I would find it more interesting if people included how much of the EQD came from personal vs business, and what, if any CC bonuses were in the totals.

For me, 99% of EQDs is personal (as I only had 1 work trip). In addition, $6K of EQD was from Barclays Silver. I had 10K EQMs from Barclays also.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tbone14

I had a flight yesterday that has yet to post. I should end up with ~$15K EQD and 102K EQMs.

This is an interesting thread. I would find it more interesting if people included how much of the EQD came from personal vs business, and what, if any CC bonuses were in the totals.

For me, 99% of EQDs is personal (as I only had 1 work trip). In addition, $6K of EQD was from Barclays Silver. I had 10K EQMs from Barclays also.
EQD $29,368, EQM 204,195. All business. 3x BOS-LHR-BLR-LHR in J; 1x BOS-LHR-SIN-LHR-BOS in J. Bunch of BOS-LAX-BOS in Y. No credit card spend. One more unexpected BOS-LAX-BOS. Used all of my SWU's on transcon's as I get to travel in J internationally. One last international on EK.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tbone14
See my second post above. Short version, 75,511 EQM and 14,085 EQD from work, 30,742 EQM and 3,178 EQD from personal travel (two round-trips, $2200 in chase UR points). No credit cards.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 4:38 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Gold, US Airways silver
Old Nov 26, 2018, 10:52 pm

Programs: CK or bust
I'm going rogue and I'll take with it my family and business that I have and the friends/business that I have influence over.
That is literally the last thing in the whole world that AA would care about.

I flew on first to Barbados the other day in F, on the new 737 MAX(ed) and it was awful. Plastic cheap seats that were already falling apart and no airshow/moving map..
You're literally describing the new "Let's fly a plane that feels like Spirit but paint it in our livery" management philosophy.

*** If AA MGMT reads this, please PM me. I'd love to talk.
Ha! They wouldn't be caught dead browsing through the likes of this forum.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 7:39 am

Programs: AA ExePlat
Current $29,118 - 156,982 EQM - 140 EQS.

Missing $ and EQM for re-route on Asiana to Seoul.

Another $2-8,000 - 7-30,000 EQM - 7-11 EQS depending on how JAL codeshare accrues.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Barring any last minute client emergencies, I'm done on AA for the year:

Elite Qualification (EQ) diagram. You've earned 14,616 EQDs, 111,897 EQMs and 57 EQSs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.