Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Why is there no Hawaiian Airline/AA connection shown for flights from KOA to ORD?

Why is there no Hawaiian Airline/AA connection shown for flights from KOA to ORD?

Old Nov 16, 2018, 7:03 am
Original Poster

The title pretty much says it all. Looking for R/T flights from ORD to KOA (Kona HA) in March. The preferred itinerary shows ORD-HNL-KOA ( HNL-KOA on Hawaiian). The return does not show any KOA-HNL-ORD (KOA-HNL via Hawaiian). They only show returns from KOA through LAX, DFW or PHX. There are plenty of Hawaiian flights from KOA-HNL which could connect to the non-stop AA flight HNL-ORD.
I could book the KOA-HNL-ORD itinerary on my own but want to do it all through AA. Why isn't this routing shown on AA website?
Old Nov 16, 2018, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Paid, or award?
Old Nov 16, 2018, 7:53 am
Original Poster

it is paid
Old Nov 16, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Use Google Flights, limit airlines to AA and HA only, limit connection to HNL only. All options you want is displayed. Choose flights and elect to buy via American Airlines. Was transferred to AA.com with the selected flight options without problem, ready to purchase. However, that was not the cheapest option.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 8:12 am

Programs: OW Emerald
Because AA fly to KOA and prefer to sell you a ticket where they keep all the revenue.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 10:30 am

Programs: AA-Plat
Originally Posted by jridge
Because AA fly to KOA and prefer to sell you a ticket where they keep all the revenue.
That is the most likely answer and March is high season here where HA limits seats on their connecting flights.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:01 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Not sure which days you're looking at but I see the HA/AA connections when I search. The flights aren't on the first page though. You can either scroll down using the 'Show more' or sort by 'Total travel time' and they'll show up at or near the top.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.