Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

When a Joint Venture, well, Isn't (moving to a partner flight with change of aircraft

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When a Joint Venture, well, Isn't (moving to a partner flight with change of aircraft

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2018, 6:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
1. The JV describes a revenue-sharing arrangement approved by US and UK competition authorities, nothing more. Don't read anything into it about award seats.
2. EC 261/2004 does not apply to this ticket. AA is not an EU carrier and California isn't in the EU.
3. You may call AA and ask AA to have a OW liaison agent reach out to BA to determine whether BA will agree to open the F seats for you. BA is under no obligation to do so. It will take 3-4 days to get an answer. Be pleased if the answer is yes and prepared for a no. Remember that this is a voluntary reroute and that likely means paying BA's fees.
4. Leave off the "going for greatness" and JV stuff when you call. Nobody is going to want to help you with that.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Often1
1. The JV describes a revenue-sharing arrangement approved by US and UK competition authorities, nothing more. Don't read anything into it about award seats.
2. EC 261/2004 does not apply to this ticket. AA is not an EU carrier and California isn't in the EU.
3. You may call AA and ask AA to have a OW liaison agent reach out to BA to determine whether BA will agree to open the F seats for you. BA is under no obligation to do so. It will take 3-4 days to get an answer. Be pleased if the answer is yes and prepared for a no. Remember that this is a voluntary reroute and that likely means paying BA's fees.
4. Leave off the "going for greatness" and JV stuff when you call. Nobody is going to want to help you with that.
Thanks for your input. Redundant as it may be.

Do you really think I raised the "'going for greatness' and JV stuff" when I called AA and interacted with staff in person who have no control over the customer unfriendly positions of management?

If so, you would be mistaken.
ijgordon and wrp96 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.