Wiki Posts
Search

Cancel Standby Online or in App?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2018, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
Cancel Standby Online or in App?

Was reviewing SDC options and selected a time to explore seat availability. (Normally this screen displays before confirmation). The system immediately said “you’re on standby for this flight.”

Unfortunately with traffic there’s no way I can make it to this flight and I’m trying to cancel the standby request, however, I don’t see a way to do this in the website or online. I’ve called but the wait time is 39 minutes, even as an EXP. Are there any faster options? The “selected” flight is in 90 minutes and I’m afraid they’ll clear my standby before I get the callback.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by MichaelKade
Was reviewing SDC options and selected a time to explore seat availability. (Normally this screen displays before confirmation). The system immediately said “you’re on standby for this flight.”

Unfortunately with traffic there’s no way I can make it to this flight and I’m trying to cancel the standby request, however, I don’t see a way to do this in the website or online. I’ve called but the wait time is 39 minutes, even as an EXP. Are there any faster options? The “selected” flight is in 90 minutes and I’m afraid they’ll clear my standby before I get the callback.
I don’t think there is online option to cancel. If they clear you and you don’t scan your ticket while plane is boarding I think you still keep your original flight
Old Nov 11, 2018, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
I always call to cancel standbys.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.