Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

JFK to MAD - AA (arriving 8am) vs. Iberia (arriving 6am)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK to MAD - AA (arriving 8am) vs. Iberia (arriving 6am)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2018, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by onetess
You're right; I would only have access if I fly Iberia J since I don't have status. I think this may have made up my mind, as this way I can perhaps nap for a few hours before leaving the airport. Thank you!

I would have access to the arrivals lounge at T4S, correct? Can anyone tell me where to find it exactly? I imagine I'll have to make my way there rather swiftly to get a sleeping chair, as others arriving may have the same thing in mind....

Thanks again!
Hi,

Whilst your flight from the US will arrive at T4S, you will take a train to T4 where baggage reclaim and customs are.
It looks like the Iberia arrivals lounge is located here ( at level -1)

https://www.iberia.com/gb/iberia-madrid-vip-lounges/

Regards

TBS
onetess likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat (won't last), Hilton Gold
It looks like there are several lounges to choose from - not clear if they are all accessible to someone arriving, or just the "arrivals lounge."

----
"Iberia offers its Business Class passengers VIP lounges in Madrid airport's T4.

The Dalí and Velázquez lounges (24 hours), with more than five thousand square metres, are characterised by their functional and modern spaces, with unbeatable locations within the terminal, innovative designs and all the services imaginable.

You can also use the VIP lounge in the Arrivals Hall of T4 where you have all that you need to rest after a long flight."
Old Nov 10, 2018, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
It looks like there are several lounges to choose from - not clear if they are all accessible to someone arriving, or just the "arrivals lounge."

----
"Iberia offers its Business Class passengers VIP lounges in Madrid airport's T4.

The Dalí and Velázquez lounges (24 hours), with more than five thousand square metres, are characterised by their functional and modern spaces, with unbeatable locations within the terminal, innovative designs and all the services imaginable.

You can also use the VIP lounge in the Arrivals Hall of T4 where you have all that you need to rest after a long flight."
Hi,

The Dali ( is in T4 departures) and Velazquez (T4S departures ) are departure lounges only and you will not have access to them as an arriving pax. ( you will on departure from MAD if you have lounge access rights by status/class of service)

As an arriving pax you will only have access to the arrivals lounge

Regards

TBS
Old Nov 10, 2018, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat (won't last), Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

The Dali ( is in T4 departures) and Velazquez (T4S departures ) are departure lounges only and you will not have access to them as an arriving pax. ( you will on departure from MAD if you have lounge access rights by status/class of service)

As an arriving pax you will only have access to the arrivals lounge

Regards

TBS
Thank you for clarifying that!
Old Nov 10, 2018, 7:28 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
I just flew the AA JFK to Madrid as I had to change my Iberia award flight and there was no availability left. Although the Flagship lounge was lovely, I was I did not find the food that wonderful and the business seat turned into the most awful bed!! The new entertainment system is dreadful-it is a horrible Samsung tablet. The bed feels like a very tight mummy bag that won't fully recline. I ordered the Hindu meal since none of the entrees appealed to me-their ideal of Naan was stale pita bread cut into quarters and wrapped in Saran wrap, and and the rest of the meal was just as dismal. I longed for my AA flight to Barcelona 2 years ago with lie flat seat and my own 20 inch TV and really good food.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 11:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
.... as this way I can perhaps nap for a few hours before leaving the airport.
I don't remember seeing any sleeper sofas in arrivals lounge unlike the airside departure IB lounges. It has a big and clean shower room and some simple breakfast and nespresso machine.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 11:36 am

Programs: AA, BA
Iberia arrivals lounge

----

I recently used the arrivals lounge, flying Iberia J on a revenue AA ticket (001).

The arrivals lounge is not well sign-posted in T4 (if at all). My preferred method to find it on level -1 was to follow the signs for the car rental desks, down the escalators, then loop back on yourself whilst remaining on level -1. The arrivals lounge will be in front of you, looking like a portable cabin. That description does do it a bit of an injustice; the lounge is nicely appointed but not particularly lavish.

I did get a few grumbles from the lounge agent regarding access. I was a non elite status passenger holding an AA ticket, but was admitted in the end, after some form filling, and getting my passport photo page photocopied for no apparant reason.

Last edited by RupertC; Nov 11, 2018 at 11:37 am Reason: Typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.