Ultra CK, coming soon (speculation)

Old Nov 10, 2018, 10:58 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
The days of dressing like Cary Grant or Lauren Bacall and flying are gone, gone, gone. I dress to travel to be comfortable, and unless I am going directly to a meeting or coming from one, casual is my M.O.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Gig103
Only if they whisper "revenue management" when they get to the counter for their standby seat assignment.
Bahahahhaha
Old Nov 10, 2018, 12:38 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by Gig103
Only if they whisper "revenue management" when they get to the counter for their standby seat assignment.
Don’t forget about inspecting the plane’s plaque as your board.

Between those two strategies you just can’t go wrong.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 3:32 pm

Programs: Aegean (Gold) American (EP)
Originally Posted by dave_261
Maybe $75k EQD/300kEQM type of scenario, which would trump the standard CK and open up even more perks and benefits. Seems like a logical option for AA to consider in the coming years.
If this would be the “named” Ultra CK option, what would be the normal...since I passed this a month ago and am still an ExPlat?
Old Nov 11, 2018, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by coxm

If this would be the “named” Ultra CK option, what would be the normal...since I passed this a month ago and am still an ExPlat?
Based on the little I know about the criteria, if you don't get a CK invite for 2019 during the invite period next month, I'd be incredibly surprised...
Old Nov 11, 2018, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by coxm

For CK not all EQM/EQD are created equal. Key is profitability to AA. So if the vast majority of that is on AA tickets on AA metal, then yes I’d think you’re a strong candidate. But if all of that were on some other OW airline, not so much...
Old Nov 14, 2018, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA Concierge Key, Marriott Titanium Elite, National Executive Elite
I know this is thread is largely a joke, but is that what people really think of CKs? I know for damn sure I hate dressing up and I always wear jeans on the plane if possible. I certainly don't dress in super fancy clothes but I make my appearance decent. At the end of the day, I'm just a guy who happens to travel a lot for work. High EQD with lower EQMs equals a recipe for profitability and CK. The boarding first is really whatever... doesn't really make me feel special most of the time, and people often just stare at me in what appears to be disgust for having the privilege of boarding before them. We are most often flying in premium cabins, but boarding first when flying coach is a much higher value benefit to me.
JonNYC, JSSAUCE and Often1 like this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 11:53 am

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
Angry

Originally Posted by arlflyer
I hear that Super CKs will be awarded physical keys that will unlock specially reserved overhead bins on all AA aircraft. Fact.

Except in MIA where draconian rules still apply if you get to the gate at group 5 & then agent calls group 6. Immediate use of baggage sizer is required, followed by mandatory checking of bag!!!!
Meanwhile, you board and approximately 1/3 of overhead space is still available.
#goingforgreat NOT!
Old Nov 16, 2018, 12:12 pm

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Platinum Premier, AA - CK
Originally Posted by truthknown
I know this is thread is largely a joke, but is that what people really think of CKs? I know for damn sure I hate dressing up and I always wear jeans on the plane if possible. I certainly don't dress in super fancy clothes but I make my appearance decent. At the end of the day, I'm just a guy who happens to travel a lot for work. High EQD with lower EQMs equals a recipe for profitability and CK. The boarding first is really whatever... doesn't really make me feel special most of the time, and people often just stare at me in what appears to be disgust for having the privilege of boarding before them. We are most often flying in premium cabins, but boarding first when flying coach is a much higher value benefit to me.
Im the same, except it’s gym shorts and t shirts for me. A hoodie if it’s cold outside. My CK status has even been challenged by a GA once.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by truthknown
Flip Flops, Shorts and a Tshirt/ Sweatshirt.
Dallas49er likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA-EXP
The only time I am worried about boarding early is when I am in the bulkhead. For some reason, people not in the bulkhead fill up the first spot they see with their carryon and backpacks and briefcases and etc, not leaving any space for the ones that have no choice about using underseat storage. Way too often I see poor bulkhead late-boarders have to put their items much further back, which makes disembarkation a pain.
flyerbobflyer likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 7:20 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Let the upgraders worry about "dressing to impress."

Those of us that can afford it don't worry about what strangers think of our clothes the we travel.
+1
Until I retired, all my business travel was in a suit and "hard shoes", with recreational travel in "business casual".

Now, because I too can truly afford it, my 100% recreational travel is both in F or J, and in golf shirt, shorts, and flaps. Hard shoes are for funerals.

In my business career, if I had worried about what "they" thought, instead of exceeding goal, exceeding expectations, and always striving to be #1 ...

I would be flying "Basic Economy", Spirit, or not flying at all.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 7:59 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The snottiest, nastiest and most self-absorbed are often far from AA's most profitable customers. Many of the people who rise to the top in life and thus fly in paid premium cabins. got there by not standing on form or trying to stand out.

Thus, they are not the people who wear a suit on a plane unless there is a need at the other end and they are the people who aren't ranting at a GA doing her job by enforcing carry-on limits. They don't have gold-plated C-Level Plat tags on the bags and when the aircraft is delayed, don't loudly shout about their annual spend.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 11:00 am
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
Originally Posted by Often1
The snottiest, nastiest and most self-absorbed are often far from AA's most profitable customers. Many of the people who rise to the top in life and thus fly in paid premium cabins. got there by not standing on form or trying to stand out.

Thus, they are not the people who wear a suit on a plane unless there is a need at the other end and they are the people who aren't ranting at a GA doing her job by enforcing carry-on limits. They don't have gold-plated C-Level Plat tags on the bags and when the aircraft is delayed, don't loudly shout about their annual spend.
I have long said that people who get upset just haven't flown enough. Many people think they are frequent flyers because they do 100k or 200k BIS/year, which is silly. Having done 500k BIS/year (98% of it domestic US) I think you aren't a frequent flyer unless you have done at least 300k BIS in a year. By then you have learned how to deal with travel disruption.
Dallas49er and Head like this.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 11:22 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM
On the other hand those of us who have paid for a service might be within our rights to expect that service to be provided on time and as advertised.
That's how it works in any other industry, but somehow airlines think they are doing us a great favor by letting us pay to give them our business.
Dallas49er and Gino Troian like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.