Ultra CK, coming soon (speculation)

Old Nov 9, 2018, 12:48 pm
Suspended

Money can not buy taste. It is still very true in 21st century.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
C suiters are flying on the corporate jet.....
rayfes likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 3:11 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by bosman
Didn't you know? People who dress up and are nice to the GAs get free upgrades.
Only if they whisper "revenue management" when they get to the counter for their standby seat assignment.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by JuanTT
GA announces "Concierge Key only" and damned if a dozen or more blokes don't come forward. No bespoke clothes from Jermyn St, no Italian shoes; these were just working guys. What gives?
Perhaps you can form your own airline where people are boarded in order of the snob factor of their clothing labels. The working guys won't have to bother you.
JonNYC likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 4:15 pm
Suspended

Let the upgraders worry about "dressing to impress."

Those of us that can afford it don't worry about what strangers think of our clothes the we travel.
JDiver, carlosdca, wrp96 and 2 others like this.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by arlflyer
I hear that Super CKs will be awarded physical keys that will unlock specially reserved overhead bins on all AA aircraft. Fact.
The key also unlocks their own lav with lavender scented toilet paper and decadent faucet that has continuous running water that doesn't require you to hold down the handle to get a tiny squirt of water.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 5:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by JonNYC

Those of us that can afford it don't worry about what strangers think of our clothes the we travel.
Sad, but true.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
C suiters are flying on the corporate jet.....
Well, no, not always. I can definitively state from personal experience that you are wrong.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 9:34 pm

Programs: AA 1MM
What route?
Old Nov 10, 2018, 3:45 am

I wait for my personal invite to board. I usually get a call asking me if I will actually be flying that day. I take that doors don't close until 10 minutes before departure very seriously, and tell the GAs that I'll be there 11 minutes before departure.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 3:56 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by millionmiler
Well, no, not always. I can definitively state from personal experience that you are wrong.
Maybe not in your company....but a good number do.

Last edited by IADCAflyer; Nov 10, 2018 at 11:27 am
Old Nov 10, 2018, 4:44 am

Not sure of the exact point of this thread... but a few thoughts:
- When it comes to the CEO level of major companies, most are likely flying private (I say this without any facts...)
- Below the CEO level, I'm guessing private usage drops fast. Let's say a Fortune 1000 company has a 10-20 person Sr. leadership team/exec committee, there's no way all of those people fly private. And in some cases, the company may have a few corporate jets for domestic use, but the cost/efficiency drops fast for internal trips so many of those people would then fly commercial.
- In terms of attire... the days of suits and ties in first class are long gone, just like the days of people dressing up for a baseball game ended many decades ago. Traveling isn't a fashion contest, so if people want to judge the person in first class wearing jeans and sneakers as a slob (who could very well be successful in their chosen career), so be it. Trust me... that person doesn't care what anyone thinks. If there's any confusion that one must dress up to be successful and make good money, spend 15 minutes in Silicon Valley.

In regards to the OP's assertion that there were 12 CK's on the flight, this is possible, but highly unlikely. I've personally never seen more than 3-4, and on average for my trips it's 2 or fewer. Of course, many CK's have other tagalongs board with them, but the actual number of CK's on the typical flight is quite low.

The main question out of the OP's rant has been mostly ignored here. Given AA's continued focus on high revenue/high profit passengers, will they be compelled to create an Ultra CK tier- perhaps with published criteria and benefits? Maybe $75k EQD/300kEQM type of scenario, which would trump the standard CK and open up even more perks and benefits. Seems like a logical option for AA to consider in the coming years.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by GaryZ
Sad, but true.
Why sad?
Old Nov 10, 2018, 10:42 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
as long as you're not in the no-overhead-space-is-left group, what difference does it make how many people board ahead of you? Not like you're likely going to get a PDB in first, and in coach, honestly, what on earth does it do other than say DYKWIA?
Even then, you can always put cheap tags with your status on them on your bag so that everyone will know how important you are. You can reinforce that by making a fuss when your drink comes with only three ice cubes, noting that your status entitles you to a fourth.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 10:46 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL

Funny that it's 2018 and there are still throwbacks judging others by the perceived cost of their clothes. I say "perceived" because there are plenty of t-shirts out there which cost more than a typical suit.

But, I can't imagine traveling in uncomfortable clothes unless I have a meeting at the other end which doesn't permit me time to change. If that leaves someone wondering why I'm in F and they in J/Y, why should I care?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.