FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   ExPlat (or everybody???) survey (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1939643-explat-everybody-survey.html)

chrisdenver1 Nov 8, 2018 5:55 pm

ExPlat (or everybody???) survey

Received a call today with voicemail. I called back and it was a survey about AA. He asked a few questions and chuckled a couple times saying "I hear that a lot". Said I'll be receiving 10k miles as a bonus.

chrisdenver1 Nov 8, 2018 6:01 pm

Miles already posted!

355F1 Nov 9, 2018 12:16 am

What is your purpose in posting this thread? :confused: 🙄🤔

fotographer Nov 9, 2018 6:26 am

Originally Posted by 355F1 (Post 30410570)
What is your purpose in posting this thread? :confused: 🙄🤔

OP got 10,000 miles for a few quick answers

dave_261 Nov 9, 2018 6:33 am

OP- would be interesting to know what kinds of questions they asked... that sometimes foreshadows the next moves on the chess board.

Often1 Nov 9, 2018 7:08 am

AA has the software to pick people for focus group surveys which are predictive. OP lists DEN as his location and his status as a US Chairman, Presuming that he is now AA EXP or has some higher status, he is a non-hun traveler with long-time high status. Live in Dallas and the default carrier is AA. Live in Atlanta and it's DL. Not so in DEN where the default is UA. So, why does OP choose US/AA for the long-term? That matters to market researchers.

chrisdenver1 Nov 9, 2018 7:09 am

Questions were pretty open ended. What's your impression of AA? What can be improved? I didn't bring up about the increase in EQD but the surveyor mentioned it's a frustration for a lot of people.

enviroian Nov 9, 2018 7:18 am

Originally Posted by chrisdenver1 (Post 30411392)
Questions were pretty open ended. What's your impression of AA? What can be improved? I didn't bring up about the increase in EQD but the surveyor mentioned it's a frustration for a lot of people.

any questions regarding specific benefits?

enpremiere Nov 9, 2018 7:28 am

Originally Posted by chrisdenver1 (Post 30411392)
I didn't bring up about the increase in EQD but the surveyor mentioned it's a frustration for a lot of people.

I'm surprised that folks complain about that. It's just bringing AA into alignment with DetlAA and friends. SWUs, award availability, credit card salespeople replacing FAs, and other operational issues would seem to be at the forefront of complaints.

I think my call (if it ever came in a futuristic world via Facetime) would end something like this:

355F1 Nov 9, 2018 7:35 am

Originally Posted by dave_261 (Post 30411293)
OP- would be interesting to know what kinds of questions they asked... that sometimes foreshadows the next moves on the chess board.

This is what my point was in asking.

Why post teasers if you’re not going to tell us what they were asking or what the actual replies were?

enpremiere Nov 9, 2018 7:36 am

Originally Posted by 355F1 (Post 30411474)

This is what my point was in asking.

Why post teasers if you’re not going to tell us what they were asking or what the actual replies were?

"Will you be going out of your way to fly our newest, revolutionary 737 MAX product?"

There you have it ;)

355F1 Nov 9, 2018 7:45 am

Originally Posted by enpremiere (Post 30411480)
"Will you be going out of your way to fly our newest, revolutionary 737 MAX product?"

There you have it ;)

REVVVVVVVVoooooLUUUUtionary!!!! 😂

jason99 Nov 9, 2018 10:19 am

Can you share what your comment was that led her to say "I hear that a lot"?

355F1 Nov 9, 2018 11:13 am

Originally Posted by jason99 (Post 30412058)
Can you share what your comment was that led her to say "I hear that a lot"?

Yes. This ^^^^

ajm883 Nov 9, 2018 12:09 pm

Somewhat related — I recently made EXP after being Plat for a year. Was EXP for several years before that. Received a call out of the blue last week from a customer relations type who apologized for losing a bag last year and gave me 5,000 miles. I asked her which flight she was referring to because a lost bag was news to me. She didn’t have that level of detail, but I was happy with the miles and took the opportunity to say AA needs more flights in NY. She thanked me for the feedback and actually asked which airport I prefer. Not holding my breath.