Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Reporting Incorrect OneWorld Status to Partners? (EXP shown as Sapphire)

AA Reporting Incorrect OneWorld Status to Partners? (EXP shown as Sapphire)

Old Nov 8, 18, 4:33 pm
Moderator: United MileagePlus
Original Poster

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past. (IAH, DEN, YKF)
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Question AA Reporting Incorrect OneWorld Status to Partners? (EXP shown as Sapphire)

Not sure how to go about addressing this but for the better part of this year CX, QR, and QF show me as a sapphire, not emerald when traveling on them under my EXP number.

On one hand it's not that hard to fix - I just show whatever partner my card and they manual adjust it but still would like to understand what can be done to correct it.

I know my EXP number is correctly associated with the partner flights as 1) the mileage from the flight posts to my AA account, and 2) status IS listed, it's just the WRONG status...and it's the second issue I don't understand.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Old Nov 8, 18, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Old Nov 8, 18, 4:38 pm

Did you talk to AA yet? What did they say? Usually I find the twitter team to be fairly helpful.

Last edited by olouie; Nov 8, 18 at 5:22 pm
Old Nov 8, 18, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by olouie View Post
Did you walk to AA yet? What did they say? Usually I find the twitter team to be fairly helpful.
Not yet - not even sure who to talk to at AA or how to go about explaining it in a manner where they actually look my account vs "just make sure you've got your number in and everything will be okay".

My thinking was to see if first anyone else here had a similar issue and what steps were taken to get it resolved.
Old Nov 8, 18, 5:23 pm

It only happened to me one time closer to when I first made EXP and I sent a DM to their twitter team. They said they would look into it and didn't have issues after that. Not sure if that was them actually doing something or just giving it time to populate to partner systems.
Old Nov 8, 18, 5:54 pm

I am sure you have heard this recommendation but just in case have you removed your AA number and replaced it with another program number and then gone back and re enter your AA AAdvantage number?
Old Nov 8, 18, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Centurion View Post
I am sure you have heard this recommendation but just in case have you removed your AA number and replaced it with another program number and then gone back and re enter your AA AAdvantage number?
I was thinking along these lines when I first noticed it earlier this year on CX (think it was early March) when I re-qualified* for EXP. Figured the computer systems were still updating and moved on.

Last month on QR I noticed the same thing (see the pic of the QR boarding pass above) and that's when it started to dawn on me the issue may be a bit deeper than originally thought. Then yesterday when checking in for my CX flight I noticed the same thing again.

Anyways the point here two airlines both had the same issue months apart which suggests to me an issue persists somewhere on the AA side.

Looking like the best course of action is to follow up with AA when back in the states?
Old Nov 8, 18, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Centurion View Post
Often needed when the flights were booked before a status change.