FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Economy Web Specials (no changes discounted awards as of 2018) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1938962-economy-web-specials-no-changes-discounted-awards-2018-a.html)

JDiver Nov 4, 2018 5:41 pm

Economy Web Specials (no changes discounted awards as of 2018)

According to Million Mile Secrets, American Airlines Launches “Economy Web Specials” Program: One-Way Flights Starting at 5,000 American Airlines Miles! (Link)

The newly launched Economy Web Specials discount program means AAdvantage members can secure one-way award tickets for as little as 5,000 AAdvantage miles on six routes currently, but the list is expected to expand. These under 500 mile awards would normally cost 7,500 miles. They are generally cheaper than Reduced Miles awards as well.

NOTE: though you can redeposit the miles for the usual $150 + $25 for more awards from the same account, you can not make date, time, flight and other changes permitted on other kinds of awards. On the other hand, these do not come with restrictions like those of Basic Economy: you can select seats, etc. as with any MileSAAver fare.

Dallas (DFW) — Wichita (ICT)
Dallas (DFW) — Corpus Christi (CRP)
Dallas (DFW) — Brownsville South Padre Island (BRO)
Dallas (DFW) — McAllen (MFE)
Phoenix (PHX) — Long Beach (LGB)
Charlotte (CLT) — Orlando-Melbourne (MLB)

The number of city pairs these discounted awards will be available on should increase.

Blueskyheaven Apr 26, 2019 12:03 pm

I am looking for flights ORD-SAN for 3 in June and as always there is zero saver awards on non stop flight. They always only have direct flights on business class or standard economy which cost 50K miles each.

The only non stop flight is "economy web special" for 24500 miles per person. What are the restrictions on this?
Any other way I can book this for cheaper?

I wonder if I will get 10 % of miles back?

Thanks

DigitalDemographic Apr 26, 2019 3:21 pm

There are at least 3 [email protected] on AA1244 non-stop on both June 4th and 11th. They are MileSAAver awards. The downside is that AA1244 arrives in SAN at 2259. Be aware that the 10% credit card rebate is being discontinued at the end of April.

SpammersAreScum Apr 27, 2019 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven (Post 31040155)
I am looking for flights ORD-SAN for 3 in June and as always there is zero saver awards on non stop flight. They always only have direct flights on business class or standard economy which cost 50K miles each.

The only non stop flight is "economy web special" for 24500 miles per person. What are the restrictions on this?
Any other way I can book this for cheaper?

I wonder if I will get 10 % of miles back?

Thanks

Originally Posted by DigitalDemographic (Post 31040751)
There are at least 3 [email protected] on AA1244 non-stop on both June 4th and 11th. They are MileSAAver awards. The downside is that AA1244 arrives in SAN at 2259. Be aware that the 10% credit card rebate is being discontinued at the end of April.

Fortunately, the deadline for the 10% use only applies to purchase date, not travel date.

Blueskyheaven Apr 27, 2019 5:13 pm

It is so ridiculous that it cost 140,000 AA miles for economy round trip domestic direct flight for 3 or 25,000 to 50,000 mile per person for one way domestic direct flight.

If you want one for 25,000 one way domestic coach, you have to waste extra hours on flight with connection. The Milesavvers hardly exist! But look what they advertise in the card application and benefit terms.

Now on so many dates in June, if i want a domestic direct one way , economy flight for 25,000 miles for one person, it is available as" economy web special" which means use it or lose it or pay insane amount for miles back.

SkyTeam777 Apr 12, 2020 12:39 pm

Does anyone know how often these 5,000 mile award sales are offered? I know web specials are always on offer, but looking for those especially deep discounts like 5k for one-way domestic awards.

redtop43 Apr 12, 2020 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777 (Post 32287213)
Does anyone know how often these 5,000 mile award sales are offered? I know web specials are always on offer, but looking for those especially deep discounts like 5k for one-way domestic awards.

They are not really touted as "sales" - but they are fairly frequent. Just check for routes you want. And you might not find it for 5K, but 6K, or 7K.

asnovici Apr 12, 2020 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777 (Post 32287213)

lowest I saw on AA was 7K but even those are Saturday 6am flights to nowhere

SkyTeam777 Apr 12, 2020 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by redtop43 (Post 32287256)
They are not really touted as "sales" - but they are fairly frequent. Just check for routes you want. And you might not find it for 5K, but 6K, or 7K.

Thanks...yes, been checking and using the cool AAdvantage Award map. Last time I saw such low fares was early March, but the virus may be preventing super cheap sales now because flights may not operate albeit I am looking into the late summer/fall for domestic city pairs.

allset2travel Apr 12, 2020 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by asnovici (Post 32287303)
lowest I saw on AA was 7K but even those are Saturday 6am flights to nowhere

No thank you AA!