Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Buy Back and Boost / Buy Up Status for 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2018, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
AAdvantage Buy Back and Boost / Buy Up Status

AA generally offers members reasonably close to requalifying for status near the end of the year the option to buy back their existing status, or on occasion to buy up to the next highest status tier.

These offers are generally made by email to AAdvantage members beginning some time in November.

If you have not received an offer or would like to see your offer (if any), you can see it by visiting https://elite.aa.com

If you haven’t flown sufficiently, you’ll probably sign in and see

No offers available

Thanks for visiting. Our records show that you’re not eligible to receive an fifer at this time. If you need more information about your account, visit aa.com/youraccount
Please peruse this thread to see offers reported by members.
Print Wikipost

Buy Back and Boost / Buy Up Status for 2019

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2018, 1:27 pm

Programs: CK or bust
I'm just holding out for my CK boost up offer which is surely in the works.

Intended to be humorous

Last edited by enpremiere; Nov 5, 2018 at 7:58 am Reason: Clarification
Old Nov 2, 2018, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by enpremiere
I know it won’t be offered, but how much would you pay for concierge key?
Old Nov 2, 2018, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by donotblink

I know it won’t be offered, but how much would you pay for concierge key?
Naming rights to my next-born child or dinghy should either ever occur first, intentionally or otherwise. Naming a sports arena is just so passé

His name first name will be Charlies or her first name will be Claire (hence the C), the middle will be King (for the K) to get to CK.

I can't even imagine what the actual boost for CK would be for 99% of EXPs but if it's ever AA thing, I'll be sure to let you know.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Naming rights to my next-born child or dinghy should either ever occur first, intentionally or otherwise. Naming a sports arena is just so passé

His name first name will be Charlies or her first name will be Claire (hence the C), the middle will be King (for the K) to get to CK.

I can't even imagine what the actual boost for CK would be for 99% of EXPs but if it's ever AA thing, I'll be sure to let you know.
The CK benefit I value the most is flagship lounge access on domestic flights, which I could get through non-AA OWE status, so I might not pay that much for the status if it were ever offered.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by donotblink

The CK benefit I value the most is flagship lounge access on domestic flights, which I could get through non-AA OWE status, so I might not pay that much for the status if it were ever offered.
It also has a bit of insta-upgrade appeal since you'll hop right over the highest EXP EQDs as well.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 6:42 pm

Currently Platinum, with 14,402 EQD, 55,594 EQM and 61 EQS, offered PPRO for $1,845.

i’ll hit PPRO by the end of the year with booked travel, and finish the year on 16-18k EQD and 80K EQM.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by wetrat0
If the only thing you're short of is EQD, I don't know why you wouldn't just upfare booked flight(s) unless you're already booked in the highest class of service available (unlikely if you're short of EQD).

In other words, you could pay for an upgrade that would also get you the EQD rather than just paying for the buy up and getting nothing in return.
That's a possibility, though ex-DEN upgrades are often $400 and up. We'll see where we are in December.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 8:17 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
I've actually already requalified for EXP, but my most recent partner flight, which got me there, has not yet been credited. So, with 2 months to go and with my AAdvantage account showing over $12K EQDs and over 98K EQMs, AA offers me a buyback for $1495. What are they smoking???
Old Nov 3, 2018, 4:06 am

Programs: AA EXP
$1195 to get EXP according to the site. I'm 1400 EQM short according to AA, but over the EQD threshold. However, the super-cheap I fare on Finnair to Asia I flew last weekend hasn't yet posted (which would push me over) despite it being almost a week (grumble).
Old Nov 3, 2018, 8:17 am

Offered $1299 to "extend" Plat. Currently $2800 EQD's short, and 17K EQM's short.

If Plat was worth anything I guess it might be interesting, but, nah.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 12:46 pm

Wife (currently EXP): $11,000 EQD, 54,000 EQM PPro offer $1995

Son (no status): $3,700 EQD, 19,000 EQM Gold offer $495
Old Nov 4, 2018, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by JDiver
It’s posted previously. https://elite.aa.com
Thanks!
Old Nov 4, 2018, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond

Intended to be numerous
Yes, very "numerous"
Old Nov 4, 2018, 9:40 pm

Throw me a lifetime EXP buyout
Old Nov 6, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
I received an offer for $3025 to purchase the $3000 missing EQDs on my account.

I'm currently at $9005 EQD and 107,091 EQM. I'm waiting on $3000 EQD to post from my credit card, so I don't need the offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.