Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Buy Back and Boost / Buy Up Status for 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2018, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
AAdvantage Buy Back and Boost / Buy Up Status

AA generally offers members reasonably close to requalifying for status near the end of the year the option to buy back their existing status, or on occasion to buy up to the next highest status tier.

These offers are generally made by email to AAdvantage members beginning some time in November.

If you have not received an offer or would like to see your offer (if any), you can see it by visiting https://elite.aa.com

If you haven’t flown sufficiently, you’ll probably sign in and see

No offers available

Thanks for visiting. Our records show that you’re not eligible to receive an fifer at this time. If you need more information about your account, visit aa.com/youraccount
Please peruse this thread to see offers reported by members.
Print Wikipost

Buy Back and Boost / Buy Up Status for 2019

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2019, 12:23 pm

Agreed. Wonder how long the "limited time" offer is? Because I will definitely use miles to upgrade.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 12:31 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
My offer was 695$ for GOLD 😂😂😂😂

They have sent this offer to me 12 times now! I dont understand why they keep repeating it? Certainly not worth it to me, perhaps PP or EXP 😂😂 but GOLD nah. Still OWE elswhere just using up my stash of AA miles, since moving away from AA but these offers do make me laugh
Old Feb 27, 2019, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by Jonathan Rothblatt
Agreed. Wonder how long the "limited time" offer is? Because I will definitely use miles to upgrade.
Probably just shorter than the red mastercard limited time is, ie forever.

To me it is showing they are desperate to get anyone to take the offer. Started out cash only, not enough takers, now offer in miles. What's next trade stickers for it?
Old Feb 27, 2019, 12:43 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by autdi
.......what's next trade stickers for it?
now THAT offer I would take 😂😂

Those things turned out to be useless FOR ME 😂
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:32 am

Anybody ever try negotiating the Boost offer? I was offered PPro for $1495, 145kmiles. 10 EQS short in 2018. I won't pay that but I'd consider it for $1k
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by stpeteflyer
Anybody ever try negotiating the Boost offer? I was offered PPro for $1495, 145kmiles. 10 EQS short in 2018. I won't pay that but I'd consider it for $1k
If you have 1K to be wasted, better to buy an option on AAL when the price goes below $29 in few weeks time. Far better usage for $1K.

Or if you really want to waste it, donate it to a charity!
Old Mar 20, 2019, 3:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kauppias
now THAT offer I would take 😂😂

Those things turned out to be useless FOR ME 😂
I would DEFINITELY trade for stickers!
Old May 7, 2019, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
AA keeps pestering me once a month to grab their Plat Pro buyup...for $3215.

No budging on price.

Um, yeah, er, no.
Old May 7, 2019, 2:45 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by DenverBrian
AA keeps pestering me once a month to grab their Plat Pro buyup...for $3215.

No budging on price.

Um, yeah, er, no.
I make it a point to introduce them to the concept of devaluation and move that l'il 'ole decimal a place value or two to the left.

All of the sudden Plat Pro for $32.15 seems much more palatable relative to the actual benefits.
DenverBrian likes this.

Last edited by enpremiere; May 7, 2019 at 6:14 pm
Old May 7, 2019, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
The price is not decreasing, but the validity time continues to decrease (to 1/31/2020). I think pitching this in May seems a bit off frankly, especially if the price is not reduced.
DenverBrian and Adelphos like this.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
I just found an email from May where AA was offering to use miles to get status:Get award miles fasterUse AAdvantage miles through April 12th
I didn't click through (when I clicked today it just offered $1100 for Gold) so I am wondering what the offer might have been. Most likely a bad exchange rate on miles, so something like 80,000 miles?
Old Jun 15, 2019, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by weezl
I just found an email from May where AA was offering to use miles to get status:Get award miles fasterUse AAdvantage miles through April 12th
I didn't click through (when I clicked today it just offered $1100 for Gold) so I am wondering what the offer might have been. Most likely a bad exchange rate on miles, so something like 80,000 miles?
I think they're usually 1 cpm, so your offer was probably something around 100k miles. So yes probably a horrible use of miles.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 1:54 pm

Hello all...
Looking at my travel through EOY, I should hit the spend for Plat Pro, but will probably fall short of the EQMs by 10K (won't hit segments). Has anyone gotten a boost offer for this in the past and was it less expensive if you already hit the spend requirement?
Also curious how people feel about Plat Pro v. Platinum in terms of benefits (I'm currently Plat).
Thanks!
Old Jun 19, 2019, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, HH Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by goblueov
Hello all...
Looking at my travel through EOY, I should hit the spend for Plat Pro, but will probably fall short of the EQMs by 10K (won't hit segments). Has anyone gotten a boost offer for this in the past and was it less expensive if you already hit the spend requirement?
Also curious how people feel about Plat Pro v. Platinum in terms of benefits (I'm currently Plat).
Thanks!
Interested in this as well. Been Plat for a long time but will probably be close to PP this year but possibly fall short by about the same amount of miles as you. I have already exceeded the EQDs.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by goblueov
Hello all...
Thanks!
FWIW, last year I was just over spend for PPro, short ~8k miles, and my buy up offer was $1,250.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.