Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Question about status and non status on same PNR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2018, 3:24 pm
BLG
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA Lifetime Blue, Marriott Gold, and many others

Here's the situation which I've never dealt with before. I'm GLD. My wife has no status. She has a lot of miles in her account. If we buy two PE tickets in her account with both of us on the same PNR will my status attach to both tickets for miles upgrades if they're available? I know my status carries over to her for everything when we are on the same PNR and the tickets are bought in my account but I've never had the reverse situation. Thanks.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by BLG
Here's the situation which I've never dealt with before. I'm GLD. My wife has no status. She has a lot of miles in her account. If we buy two PE tickets in her account with both of us on the same PNR will my status attach to both tickets for miles upgrades if they're available? I know my status carries over to her for everything when we are on the same PNR and the tickets are bought in my account but I've never had the reverse situation. Thanks.
Yes, it doesn't matter what account you're logged into when you purchase the tickets, when it's the same PNR your benefits will carry over to her.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 4:21 pm
BLG
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA Lifetime Blue, Marriott Gold, and many others
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Yes, it doesn't matter what account you're logged into when you purchase the tickets, when it's the same PNR your benefits will carry over to her.
Great. Now all we need is a bit of luck on a couple of J upgrades. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.