Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Premium Economy Upgrade Request for EXP & CK [$0 for a limited time]

Premium Economy Upgrade Request for EXP & CK [$0 for a limited time]

Old Jan 8, 2020, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by lovexylitol
Not a direct answer, I think you are hoping for too much assuming the tradeshow is CES. (I was #3x on the upgrade list yesterday!)
Well, flight is in <48 hours and has J7 R7 D7 I7 C7 (though, typical for today's AA, U0). PE seatmap shows 4/24 seats occupied. Looks like a super low load on NRT-LAS. LAS-NRT of course super busy, as you'd expect given timing of CES comings and goings. Do you think I am misreading the situation?

Thanks chris8796 for confirmation that entire PNR is covered. That's useful. Still wondering about others' experiences when travel is on an award ticket, and when there's a prior segment (and hence check-in) with another carrier.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 6:08 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Does AA still upgrade EXP and CK to Premium Economy for free on international flights

I'm wondering if AA still upgrade EXP and CK to Premium Economy for free on international flights, the latests posts on this matter on flyer talk seem to be from 2018.

Thank you!
Old Mar 9, 2020, 7:35 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Merging with our existing thread on the topic. /Moderator
Old Mar 15, 2020, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by marc_vila
I'm wondering if AA still upgrade EXP and CK to Premium Economy for free on international flights, the latests posts on this matter on flyer talk seem to be from 2018.

Thank you!
In light of the current environment in air travel, chances of full load would be a miracle. I suspect the odds of getting comp UG for EXP/CK would be better than before. Just my guess though.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 7:44 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by allset2travel
In light of the current environment in air travel, chances of full load would be a miracle. I suspect the odds of getting comp UG for EXP/CK would be better than before. Just my guess though.
@JonNYC tweeted out that there's some inconsistencies with the program over the last few weeks and it might be ending soon.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">So this is still alive, albeit maybe on life-support, it seems to be happening very inconsistently and with weird manifestations like QIK telling an agent charge 200 hundred dollars and SSM offer it for free for the exact same passenger, etc.<br><br>However, still reports of success.</p>&mdash; JonNYC (@xJonNYC) <a href="https://twitter.com/xJonNYC/status/1237207596093800450?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 10, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Old Dec 1, 2020, 11:10 am

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Does anyone have a data point as to whether CK/EXP are still regularly being offered LFBU to PY on Intl flights at $0? Understand this is only on rev tix and not award?
Old Jan 4, 2021, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Bumping this query on whether Y to PY UPGs are still offered?
Old Jun 1, 2021, 4:28 pm

Programs: AA Explat / UA Silver
Bumping this in case anyone has had a recent experience with a free bump to PE for international
Old Jun 28, 2021, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
I was comp, upgraded from Y to PE on a recent CDG-JFK flight.
The Y cabin was about 80% empty, we were 6 passengers in PE (out of 32 seats I think). J cabin was over half-full.

upgrade
ceebee100 likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 8:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: ,united 1k, AA EXP, HH Diamond,BA gold, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by zip10001
I was comp, upgraded from Y to PE on a recent CDG-JFK flight.
The Y cabin was about 80% empty, we were 6 passengers in PE (out of 32 seats I think). J cabin was over half-full.

upgrade
good to know these are still going on, however I wish they would automatically seat exp and ck in premium economy if theres seats available.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 8:23 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MGW2000
Bumping this in case anyone has had a recent experience with a free bump to PE for international
Yes it is still possible. Just got one this month but I had to ask. The flight was pretty empty. Only about 150 people on a 789. Premium Economy was about 60% full.

In my case since I was connecting from another flight I asked the gate agent at the departure point to the US. Note he did tell me they have to be processed before a certain cutoff time which seemed about 30 min before boarding started. I know because as he was processing mine someone else overheard and asked. By the time he tried for the next guy the system was locked and the offer disappeared.
kanny likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 9:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt GLB
Originally Posted by neo_781
Yes it is still possible. Just got one this month but I had to ask. The flight was pretty empty. Only about 150 people on a 789. Premium Economy was about 60% full.

In my case since I was connecting from another flight I asked the gate agent at the departure point to the US. Note he did tell me they have to be processed before a certain cutoff time which seemed about 30 min before boarding started. I know because as he was processing mine someone else overheard and asked. By the time he tried for the next guy the system was locked and the offer disappeared.
With this data point am I better off booking LHR TATL on AA for a companion and myself on AA versus BA? PE would be a nice benefit.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 11:27 am

Programs: AA PPro
I'm flying JFK to MAD in 8 days as an EXP. I'm currently in MCE, if where were space when does the upgrade to PE happen?

Is this something I have to request?
Old Jun 8, 2022, 9:11 am

Programs: AA PPro
Econ to PE on International Flights?

I"m EXP traveling with partner from JFK to MAD next week. Currently in MCE and wondering if they give free upgrades to PE if space is available.

thanks .
Old Jun 8, 2022, 7:29 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 75K, AA EXP, United 1K
There were reports of this being free if available at check in but I havent been able to verify as all my flights have required airport check in and was fortunate enough that SWUs cleared before actually getting to the airport. If the app doesnt allow you could ask at check in and Im guessing you might have success depending on the outstation. I havent seen any change in policy from the space-available at check in days and there were some posts up thread that posted the agent guidance that this was still available for free for EXPs. There have been occasional posts reporting the app may offer you this for free but dont think anyone has reported something very recently.
tfizzle likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.