Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Premium Economy Upgrade Request for EXP & CK [$0 for a limited time]

Premium Economy Upgrade Request for EXP & CK [$0 for a limited time]

Old Feb 21, 19, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by donotblink View Post
Do these $0 upgrades extend to companions on the same PNR?
dciolli likes this.
Old Mar 2, 19, 10:53 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Rewards Platinum Premier Elite
Is the issue where you don't see a LFBU $0 upgrade online, still present if you have an upgrade wait-listed? The only reports I see on that are from several months ago and I have some upcoming trans-Atlantic flights coming up where I haven't cleared yet.
Old Mar 16, 19, 1:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Gold/1MM, Bonvoy Platinum
I am waitlisted for Y -> J upgrade by SWU.
J and Y are completely sold out (T96), but PEY are still several seats on sale.
I don't think my request Y -> J upgrade will clear.
I am still not sure how to request Y -> PEY complimentary upgrade without canceling the SWU waitlist (Y -> J).
Can anyone tell me exactly how to do that?
Old Mar 16, 19, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MrJBoy View Post
I am waitlisted for Y -> J upgrade by SWU.
J and Y are completely sold out (T96), but PEY are still several seats on sale.
I don't think my request Y -> J upgrade will clear.
I am still not sure how to request Y -> PEY complimentary upgrade without canceling the SWU waitlist (Y -> J).
Can anyone tell me exactly how to do that?
This:
Originally Posted by JonNYC View Post
For CK/EP to get the comp upgrade to PE, they -must- make the request specifically and at the gate and basically would be best to stay in the gate area once requested.

No specific request, no PE upgrade. And staying in the lounge 'aint gonna work either, for this.
And this:

And ignore everything else.
GTITAN, MrJBoy and chitink like this.
Old Mar 16, 19, 11:14 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum (3 Million Miler), IHG Spire Royal Amdassador
Originally Posted by JonNYC View Post
This:

And this:

https://twitter.com/xJonNYC/status/1056312920987127817

And ignore everything else.
I was able to get a Premium Economy Upgrade from LHR to JFK in January at the AA transfer desk at LHR on my way home from BAH. The agent first initially said EXP don't get free upgrades but she decided to just try to switch my seat and it worked. I was still on the SWU waitlist, too.
Old Mar 17, 19, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; SPGPlat; PCPlat/Amb; HiltonDiamond; CarlsonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesGold
I know this thread is about comp ExecPlat upgrades to PE, but has any non-ExecPlat been offered the option of a cash upgrade? I have a flight JFK-GRU next month and the cabin is pretty wide open. (Agree with most that I wouldn't trade my aisle MCE seat for a middle seat in PE.
Old Mar 19, 19, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Gold/1MM, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by VaBeachGirl View Post
I was able to get a Premium Economy Upgrade from LHR to JFK in January at the AA transfer desk at LHR on my way home from BAH. The agent first initially said EXP don't get free upgrades but she decided to just try to switch my seat and it worked. I was still on the SWU waitlist, too.
My itinerary stopped showing at aa.com just before T24, so I called AA and was told that the system tried to clear my SWU request and it's stuck since no availability.
So the agent cleared something and my itinerary showed up again. She told me my SWU upgrade request was now at the airport waiting list or something. I didn't really understand what she told me. Also, she said no complementary upgrade for EXP...
I hung up and then at exact T24 I tried to check in online, and I got a $0 upgrade offer to PEY! so I snagged it.
However, my itinerary doesn't show the SWU request anymore.
Since B/C is full according to ExpertFlyer also the agent told me the the same thing I don't think my SWU will clear anyways.

Since I didn't see "Systemwide Upgrade: Requested" anymore I called AA again to make sure I was still on the upgrade list even I got the $0 upgrade offer to PEY.
The first agent said I already used 1 SWU to move to PEY and there is no double upgrade, so I was not on the upgrade list anymore. I thanked her, and hung up.
The second agent understood how I got the $0 offer to PEY and it had nothing to do with SWU upgrade request. I was on hold for a while and she came back said that due to the system limitations I was off from the upgrade list when I took the offer. Anyways after the long wait she or somebody put me back on the upgrade list, she said. However, it doesn't show at aa.com or aa app, so I have to take the agent word...

Last edited by MrJBoy; Mar 19, 19 at 4:55 pm