How many status bag tags is too many?

Old Oct 24, 2018, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
How many status bag tags is too many?

Standing in line for 2459 to LAX. This guy has two exp tags on his roller and one on that bag around his neck.

Worse are the people who attach the white admirals club tag to their luggage. Why?? Why do they even make them. I have zero of anything attacked to my bags. I always laugh to myself when I see these people with all their tags. They are probably the same people who never removed lift tickets from their jacket zippers in high school.
Attached Images  
Old Oct 24, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP
What's wrong with having tags? I'm not speaking from personal experience but there was a post here in the past where it was mentioned that GA started making some sort of announcement and a lot of people rushed in and she was able to identify EXP based on their tags and helped them first. In certain situation having a tag could distinguish you from others and help you.
Grog, Beano, Marschel and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 1:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by enviroian
...I always laugh to myself when I see these people with all their tags. They are probably the same people who never removed lift tickets from their jacket zippers in high school.
Some scintillating tag-talk: Elite status Luggage tags
Old Oct 24, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
Each of my suitcases has two tags. They do come off sometimes (bags are also labeled with marker). My backpack has several tags (Ex Plat, AC, one with my business card, and one my kid made me). I could switch them out and replace them with little troll doll key chains if that makes you feel better?
Old Oct 24, 2018, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Some scintillating tag-talk: Elite status Luggage tags
Thanks didn’t see that thread.

Mods please merge as you see fit.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 1:44 pm

Programs: CK or bust
This is certainly no laughing matter.

When the most frequent and non-frequent travelers forget their name or what their personal carry-on bags look like, tags are a wonderful way to remind them of their name and which airline they fly most frequently.

I have made it a point to ask Mrs. EnPremiere to attach these to my wheelchair when I hit the ripe age of 100-105-ish in case I find myself wandering off to an airport somewhere (or spaceport if we've sorted that out by then). Hopefully by then I'll be life-time Exp if that ever becomes a status which will help me avoid the worst of the seats on the future Boeing 937-MAX.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 2:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
I confess ... I have my EXP tag on all my roller bags ...

If you look in the overhead bin in F on a typical AA 738/A32X, I suspect you'll see at least half are either Travelpro Crew or Briggs and Riley Baseline. It's a quick way of making sure I grab mine without tying a colorful bow on the handle
JDiver, Grog, oopsz and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA Exp / Marriott Titanium / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Globalist / United Silver
Nothing wrong with tags. I still proudly display my DELTA SILVER MEDALLION tags on all my bags.

My tag is better than your "executive platinum" tag. Debate me.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 2:47 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Duck-taping the letters "CK" on a carry-on has unfortunately yielded no discernible difference in service so it really must have something to do with the magic of the tags. They just add so much class to otherwise drab travel-wear.

Speaking of which, I have yet to run into someone wearing them around their neck but I have no doubts that the day will come.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 2:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Am I looking at the same picture?
Old Oct 24, 2018, 2:54 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
So, here’s what I like about them.

1) They don’t have my address on them.

2) They have my name and if my bag is Gate Checked AA knows how to reach me if that bag is extraviated.

3) They’re free.

4) They’re durable.

5) Did I mention they’re free?
steve64, Daze, CPRich and 24 others like this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA Gold.
I have a custom tag on mine. Does not show status, but a found@ email, my FF numbers for AA, VX (kinda moot now), HAL. When my paper tag came off on my last HAL cruise, it easily found its way to the cabin. But a luggage tag on a briefcase, that is pushing it.

The only luggage tag I have seen on every item was on every bag of a US Senator and his wife's. It was a Pentagon badge forbidding search. While I can see on his briefcase, but it was on her Vera Bradley bags as well.
Grog likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 3:01 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I’ve had someone else take my bag 3 times, twice unintentionally (don’t know about the third).

the more tags the better. The bigger the better. The more colorful, the better.
Grog and jcatman like this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by samwise6222
Nothing wrong with tags. I still proudly display my DELTA SILVER MEDALLION tags on all my bags.

My tag is better than your "executive platinum" tag. Debate me.

But, it isn't on your bag.
Grog and fotographer like this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP
How do you show your superiority to all the peasants if you don’t display brag tags on your bags?

For that reason, I always put my Amtrak Guest Rewards Member, Subway MyWay and Albertsons Preferred tags on all my bags.

On a more serious note, my AA EXP bag tags live permanently in my junk drawer.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.