Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many status bag tags is too many?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2018, 10:40 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by chicagoflyer1976
I generally try to switch out my tags - I certainly don't want people thinking I was a "former" EXP if they see my old tags.

Also, I've never understood why anyone puts the AAdmirals Club tags on their bags. IIRC, they don't even have your name on it. Back in the day, when I first received them,I thought the tag could be scanned to gain admittance, but that was not the case. Seems like a huge waste.
?? My AAdmirals club tags do indeed have my name on it.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
Check out this tool’s bag today.
Attached Images  
Old Oct 26, 2018, 6:30 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Only tag I use on my backpack. The best tag! ;-)

enviroian, EDnearJQF and GNVGator like this.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tartempion
I have a red “NO THIS ISN’T YOUR BAG” tag on all my bags...
Doesn't that cause trouble? Don't you go up to your bag and suddenly think "wait, that clearly isn't my bag!"? It's a paradox every time you take it home!
Old Oct 27, 2018, 6:43 am

Programs: American Exec Plat, United 1k
Does anyone remember the Delta Kryptonium tags?

New Delta Medallion Class (Just Kidding)
Old Oct 27, 2018, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Tags serve as backup. If your bag tag falls off or your valet tag rips (far more likely) it's a way that the ground crew/GA can figure out where to send the bag.

also identification- someone walked off with my bag once. Ended up getting it back later, but that's when I decided more tags = better.

so I have my EXP tag, a BOS crew style tag, a business card tag, a tracker tag and a bright red 'Remove Before Flight' pull tag. Instantly obvious to someone else that it isnt theirs.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Is funny how some members said they don't like to use their bag tags, but under their forum user (like OP for example) you can read "AA EXP, National Executive Elite, Hilton Diamond", so what is the difference?

I do have one on my backpack and is easy for me to show it in case they ask me when I try to use the F/J airport line, specially overseas or at the Flagship check-in (sometimes I'm unable to get a BP).
u01sss3 and nancypants like this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by EDnearJQF
Of course this is the ultimate brag tag for my computer bag. A little faded after many years, though.
Actually, I think it looks better faded than the bright yellow one that I can't yet bring myself to put onto my luggage.

Also FWIW, the AA bag tags are much better than the unsightly & flimsy UA tags that they send out.
EDnearJQF likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by chicagoflyer1976
I generally try to switch out my tags - I certainly don't want people thinking I was a "former" EXP if they see my old tags.

Also, I've never understood why anyone puts the AAdmirals Club tags on their bags. IIRC, they don't even have your name on it. Back in the day, when I first received them,I thought the tag could be scanned to gain admittance, but that was not the case. Seems like a huge waste.
Waaay back in the day (1980s) an AAngel told me they could track a lost bag through the tag. I don't know if they would bother today.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 11:54 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
None, it's whatever you want. My work bag has:

- Delta Platinum Medallion Tag
- American Gold/1MM Tag (even though my status has gone up since I was issued this in 2015 they never replaced it)
- "Remove Before Flight" Keychain
- Leather tag with "CMK" on it
- United Premier Silver tag on it (soon to be replaced when Premier Gold tags are issued)

I used to have a Flyertalk tag on it but it broke
Antarius likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 8:47 pm

Programs: Global Entry
anybody know why AA did away with admirals club/status luggage tags recently? i know delta will be issuing status tags in 2020, so maybe there's hope for AA
Old Jul 27, 2019, 9:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Living in S Florida, having a NY Jets tag on all my bags helps keep people from accidentally taking my bags.

I also have an eBags tracking ID tag on my bags which is cool as it has a QR code but scanning the code only shows my details if I activate that feature from the app if and when I lose a bag,

This may be overkill, but I also insert into my luggage right on top a half-sheet of paper with my flight number, route, and contact details. It’s never come into play (and I hope it never does), but it can’t hurt.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 7:26 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Wait, AA still issues tags? I've been PLT for years, never got a card or tags. Not that I want them; I assumed with all the Parker cuts that these were the first to go.

I do tape a business card with 2" clear tape under the bag handle, put one in the Tumi tag, and throw a loose one inside.

Somewhere I have the 1st-gen FT tags, the cheap laminated bright yellow paper ones... I think one person recognized them.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 8:24 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Would my Pan Am baggage tag serve any real purpose on my carry ons?

Just wandering
Fred
Old Jul 28, 2019, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP/OWE, Marriott Ambassador
I prefer caddle prodding my luggage. It's the only true tag. And to answer OPs question on a thread that was unearthed from a billion years ago, the more tags the better...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.