Wiki Posts
Search

Short $39 EQD! (To merge)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2018, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT/1MM
Short $39 EQD! (To merge)

Just booked my last business trip for the year yesterday. If my calculations are correct I'll be short approximately $39 EQDs to requalify for Plat. Guess I'll start looking for cheap flights out of SMF...but wanted to make sure that there isn't anything else that counts towards EQDs (other than Barclaycard).
Old Oct 24, 2018, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by larreajoe
Just booked my last business trip for the year yesterday. If my calculations are correct I'll be short approximately $39 EQDs to requalify for Plat. Guess I'll start looking for cheap flights out of SMF...but wanted to make sure that there isn't anything else that counts towards EQDs (other than Barclaycard).
Can you upfare one of your booked trips? Generally no change fee so perhaps find a segment with a 'cheap' upfare into first.
jcatman, larreajoe, gmt4 and 2 others like this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Why not just upfare one of your existing reservations to a higher fare bucket that clears the threshold?
Old Oct 24, 2018, 8:17 am

Programs: CK or bust
Or the more expensive, both wallet-wise and emotionally, fly to see the in-laws?
larreajoe likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 8:20 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
If you have the time to burn, a quick SMF-LAX same day turn will run you $160 in mid-november on a weekday - for regular economy. Basic Econ is $117-ish.

Puts you well above the threshold of $39 needed. But agreed that upfaring into a higher bucket is the easiest way to get this accomplished w/o an extra trip to the airport.
larreajoe likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT/1MM
Thanks to all for the upfare suggestion. Any recommendations on tools to find the best option? Or just throw myself on the mercy of the AA reps on the phone?
Old Oct 24, 2018, 5:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by larreajoe
Thanks to all for the upfare suggestion. Any recommendations on tools to find the best option? Or just throw myself on the mercy of the AA reps on the phone?
Just check what the price is for a 1st/Business class ticket on one of the trips booked in economy class and compare against fare paid - there is no change fee to pay to make such a change

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.