Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Wish AA would follow Finair's lead! (AY Customer input event)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2018, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA - EXP 1MM, Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, BA, DL, TWA Royal Ambassador

Originally Posted by FinnairPlus
Hello FT
Finnair team would like to invite you to an event on 28.11 at 17:30. Location tbc, but most likely Vantaa. I can promise good food and open discussions with Loyalty and Customer Experience colleagues. Event is limited to 20 participants.
@lkrt promised to turn this thread into a wiki, so once this happens pls add your name. I would then need your email addresses and FFP numbers PMd to send the official invitation.
Karolina
I think this is brilliant and would be a great step with AA taking the positive lead among US based carriers.
I'd be happy to coordinate! I've been an AA FF since 1955. Still have the Sky Cradle Certificate from my first AA flight!
enpremiere and Gino Troian like this.

Last edited by MarJon; Oct 24, 2018 at 7:19 am
Old Oct 24, 2018, 7:30 am

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by MarJon
I think this is brilliant and would be a great step with AA taking the positive lead among US based carriers.
I'd be happy to coordinate! I've been an AA FF since 1955. Still have the Sky Cradle Certificate from my first AA flight!
Quite an impressive career! What would it take to make something like this happen? I would be happy to jump in as well.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 7:30 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
It's possible they already do invitation-only events with their top flyers
Old Oct 24, 2018, 7:35 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ajeleonard
It's possible they already do invitation-only events with their top flyers
Do you think top flyers means $$$$ spend or amount of miles flown? or a combination of both
Old Oct 24, 2018, 7:47 am

BA also do this for their very frequent fliers. Events occur multiple times per year, and is strictly invitation only.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 8:10 am

There was an event for CK customers in Dallas earlier this year, hosted by Doug and some of the exec team.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 8:19 am

There is a bit of a difference with the OP's message and Doug's event. The OP's message was actually showing interest in a group (FT) while Doug's was a CK-oriented event.
JonNYC and GTITAN like this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 9:04 am

Programs: OW Emerald
Originally Posted by MarJon
And still such optimism...
Old Oct 24, 2018, 9:42 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I think there are huge differences in scale between the airlines. 20 top level flyers for an AA event comparable to the AY event would be such a tiny drop in the bucket, and something in scale would probably be involving thousands.

AA does focus groups, and there are events FFs participate in where they mingle with AA executive and management staff. Sky Ball may be one of those; a number if CK and EP are involved in Sky Ball, though I’m not aware of any frim FT.

I’ll bet there’s not a FT member who would qualify, anyway.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 9:44 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by JDiver
I think there are huge differences in scale between the airlines. 20 top level flyers for an AA event comparable to the AY event would be such a tiny drop in the bucket, and something in scale would probably be involving thousands.

AA does focus groups, and there are events FFs participate in where they mingle with AA executive and management staff. Sky Ball may be one of those; a number if CK and EP are involved in Sky Ball, though I’m not aware of any frim FT.

I’ll bet there’s not a FT member who would qualify, anyway.
My hunch is that those very top flyers have neither the time nor the inclination to post on FT.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
DL also does this, too. I know someone who went. It was a full day event.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
My hunch is that those very top flyers have neither the time nor the inclination to post on FT.
And rightly so, otherwise it would take away valuable posting space from us bottom of the barrel FT AA flyers.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 1:53 pm

This is going on the fridge!

JonNYC likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.