FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Wish AA would follow Finair's lead! (AY Customer input event) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1937138-wish-aa-would-follow-finairs-lead-ay-customer-input-event.html)

MarJon Oct 24, 2018 6:59 am

Wish AA would follow Finair's lead! (AY Customer input event)

Originally Posted by FinnairPlus (Post 30346355)
Hello FT :)
Finnair team would like to invite you to an event on 28.11 at 17:30. Location tbc, but most likely Vantaa. I can promise good food and open discussions with Loyalty and Customer Experience colleagues. Event is limited to 20 participants.
@lkrt promised to turn this thread into a wiki, so once this happens pls add your name. I would then need your email addresses and FFP numbers PMd to send the official invitation.
Karolina

I think this is brilliant and would be a great step with AA taking the positive lead among US based carriers.
I'd be happy to coordinate! I've been an AA FF since 1955. Still have the Sky Cradle Certificate from my first AA flight!

enpremiere Oct 24, 2018 7:30 am

Originally Posted by MarJon (Post 30350171)
I think this is brilliant and would be a great step with AA taking the positive lead among US based carriers.
I'd be happy to coordinate! I've been an AA FF since 1955. Still have the Sky Cradle Certificate from my first AA flight!

Quite an impressive career! What would it take to make something like this happen? I would be happy to jump in as well.

ajeleonard Oct 24, 2018 7:30 am

It's possible they already do invitation-only events with their top flyers

fotographer Oct 24, 2018 7:35 am

Originally Posted by ajeleonard (Post 30350261)
It's possible they already do invitation-only events with their top flyers

Do you think top flyers means $$$$ spend or amount of miles flown? or a combination of both

rossmacd Oct 24, 2018 7:47 am

BA also do this for their very frequent fliers. Events occur multiple times per year, and is strictly invitation only.

dave_261 Oct 24, 2018 8:10 am

There was an event for CK customers in Dallas earlier this year, hosted by Doug and some of the exec team.

enpremiere Oct 24, 2018 8:19 am

There is a bit of a difference with the OP's message and Doug's event. The OP's message was actually showing interest in a group (FT) while Doug's was a CK-oriented event.

jridge Oct 24, 2018 9:04 am

Originally Posted by MarJon (Post 30350171)

And still such optimism... :D

JDiver Oct 24, 2018 9:42 am

I think there are huge differences in scale between the airlines. 20 top level flyers for an AA event comparable to the AY event would be such a tiny drop in the bucket, and something in scale would probably be involving thousands.

AA does focus groups, and there are events FFs participate in where they mingle with AA executive and management staff. Sky Ball may be one of those; a number if CK and EP are involved in Sky Ball, though I’m not aware of any frim FT.

I’ll bet there’s not a FT member who would qualify, anyway.

MiamiAirport Formerly NY George Oct 24, 2018 9:44 am

Originally Posted by JDiver (Post 30350777)
I think there are huge differences in scale between the airlines. 20 top level flyers for an AA event comparable to the AY event would be such a tiny drop in the bucket, and something in scale would probably be involving thousands.

AA does focus groups, and there are events FFs participate in where they mingle with AA executive and management staff. Sky Ball may be one of those; a number if CK and EP are involved in Sky Ball, though I’m not aware of any frim FT.

I’ll bet there’s not a FT member who would qualify, anyway.

My hunch is that those very top flyers have neither the time nor the inclination to post on FT.

USFlyerUS Oct 24, 2018 10:24 am

DL also does this, too. I know someone who went. It was a full day event.

enpremiere Oct 24, 2018 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge (Post 30350785)
My hunch is that those very top flyers have neither the time nor the inclination to post on FT.

And rightly so, otherwise it would take away valuable posting space from us bottom of the barrel FT AA flyers.

enpremiere Oct 24, 2018 1:53 pm

This is going on the fridge!

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...c77e4f5933.jpg