Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Escalating a pathetic Cust Rels response - cancellation requiring out of pocket spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Escalating a pathetic Cust Rels response - cancellation requiring out of pocket spend

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2018, 7:13 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
If AA (or any other airline) after MX tries to weasel out of there obligations, many pax may "jump ship", so handing out miles or vouchers in lieu cash is a copout.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 8:24 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
Originally Posted by CMK10
Well I'm Platinum with American which isn't top tier and I'm Platinum Medallion with Delta which is a higher tier. In my experience Delta handles customer care complaints in an almost identical fashion to American.
You've had a Delta agent promise in writing to reimburse you after their agent issued an invalid voucher, then have customer care refuse the promised reimbursement?

Because that's the topic of this thread. And if your answer to that is yes, I'd be shocked. I was not shocked by this thread.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 2:37 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SamOF
You've had a Delta agent promise in writing to reimburse you after their agent issued an invalid voucher, then have customer care refuse the promised reimbursement?

Because that's the topic of this thread. And if your answer to that is yes, I'd be shocked. I was not shocked by this thread.
I had a Delta agent promise on the phone to deposit compensation miles which never materialized.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 5:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic
How do you contact AA by email? All I can find is the form to complete on their page, and I have been waiting days for a response? I am AA Plat. Thanks!
Old Jan 9, 2019, 5:59 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by aussiemate
How do you contact AA by email? All I can find is the form to complete on their page, and I have been waiting days for a response? I am AA Plat. Thanks!
[email protected]

However, the online form works rather well. I submitted a customer service query and had resolution within 48 hours.
Often1 likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 12:28 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by PHL
[email protected]

However, the online form works rather well. I submitted a customer service query and had resolution within 48 hours.
I thought if you emailed that address, you'd get an autoreply that the email was not monitored?
Old Jan 10, 2019, 1:17 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Good question,. I know that once a customer service request is opened through the web form, you get responses to your email from this address. And, if you reply to those emails they are monitored and - when warranted - responded to. It's possible they are using a service desk application that scrapes the emails for a request/ticket number though so that the reply goes into the overall incident.

So, my recommendation is to stick to the web page customer service form.
ijgordon likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by daslax
They responded quickly after I sent the receipts...

And sent me a $70 voucher for future travel. Not even an acknowledgment or excuse, just this:

Quote:
Thank you for providing the receipt for your hotel stay in Raleigh Durham. Based on the information you sent me, and taking into account our approved hotel reimbursement rate, I'm sending you a check in the amount of $172.31. It should be arriving at your mailing address soon.

Our contracted hotel rate for Raleigh Durham is $120.00 and our meal allowance is $12.00.

To offset the remainder of your espenses, I've made arrangements for a $70 eVoucher (via a separate email) for you to use toward the

Wow... just wow... I guess DOT is next, but they're really about to lose an EXP.
$172 for an airport area hotel for 1 room for 1 night is probabpr double the going rate, or at least 50% above normal. Where on earth did you stay? 5 star Umstead.lol?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-Plat, UA-Plat 2MM, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic 3, AY-Plat, HY-Globalist, MR-LT Plat, HH-Gold
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
$172 for an airport area hotel for 1 room for 1 night is probabpr double the going rate, or at least 50% above normal. Where on earth did you stay? 5 star Umstead.lol?
I started my story with “long story short”... if you want more detail, there was some sort of convention happening and hotels were completely sold out. We waited two hours in the lounge while agents tried to find rooms... only to be sent to a hotel that was actually full. I had been monitoring hotels on my own and after getting turned away, we checked again and a room opened up at the Hyatt Place next to the airport that had not been available before. I assure you it was not a 5-star stay, despite the $195 base rate. But with no occupancy in the area, they probably could have charged more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.