Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Barclaycard Aviator Red no EQD, Silver $3k EQD Only as of 2019

Old Oct 23, 2018, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
AA Barclays Aviator Red will no longer offer the ability to earn EQDs.

AA Barclays Aviator Silver now will only allow earning $3,000 EQD offset by reaching $50,000 spend.

All AAdvantage Aviator Red and Silver Mastercard holders were sent out this notification on October 22, 2018 and will typically arrive within 7 to 10 business days. - Barclaycard
https://onemileatatime.com/american-...fying-dollars/

That article says, in part

For 2019 the benefit is being eliminated entirely except for Aviator Silver cardholders who will 3000 elite qualifying dollars after $50,000 spend (instead of earning 6000).

Anyone who signed up for an Aviator Red Mastercard, or upgraded to an Aviator Silver, between January 1 and October 31, 2018 will keep the pre-existing elite qualifying dollars benefit for 2019, and their benefit will change January 1, 2020.

BUT DocD called on 23 Oct to upgrade the Red to Silver and Barclaycard would not do so because of the upcoming program changes.
This policy has been verified elsewhere.
Dear 355F1:

Thank you for contacting us regarding your AAdvantage Aviator Silver World Elite Mastercard. We can certainly address your inquiry regarding the benefit change on your account.

Your AAdvantage Aviator Silver World Elite Mastercard will earn $3,000 EQDs at $50,000 spend on purchases starting January 1, 2019. This benefit will then apply for all years moving forward until any additional changes are made to the benefits structure. If benefits are changed in the future, Cardmembers will be sent out a letter informing them of the change. All AAdvantage Aviator Red and Silver Mastercard holders were sent out this notification on October 22, 2018 and will typically arrive within 7 to 10 business days.

We hope you find this information helpful, and we thank you for your continued business. If you have any other questions or concerns, please reply to this message.

Sincerely,

Customer Care
Member enpremiere posts
Originally Posted by enpremiere
Good news for folks with the Barclays AA business card, it seems to have survived this round of EQD benefit cuts and will continue to award 3K EQD for $25K spend!
Print Wikipost

Barclaycard Aviator Red no EQD, Silver $3k EQD Only as of 2019

Old Feb 9, 2019, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by swgsword
I got the Aviator Red in mid-2018, so I should still be eligible for the 3k EQD for 25k spend. However, the usual progress tracker under rewards & benefits is not showing up -- just the $100 flight discount one. Is anyone else seeing this as well?
Same situation here. The reps on the phone consistently tell me I'm getting 3K EQD for $25k spend in 2019 (but not in 2020). There's no dashboard online. The only thing I have in writing is 'my card benefits' page online: https://www.aviatormastercard.com/se...XCLUSIVE/51951
Old Feb 12, 2019, 10:25 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by 236Dakota
Through a Secure Message received on my Silver Aviator account I was told I could earn 3,000 EQDs on my Business Card and 3,000 EQDs on my Silver/Personal Card in 2019.
I applied for the Business card 5/18, I've had the Silver since shortly after it was first available.
Hold onto that Secure Message. Like you, I obtained the Silver Card when it was first introduced, and the Business Aviator Card in May 2018.

Using online chat with Barclays on the Silver Card website, the online representative told me "You'll earn a maximum of 3,000 EQD's from whichever credit card first achieves $50,000 in spend, and that's all." I queried as to whether the Aviator Business Card earns 3,000 EQD after $25,000 spend. Dominic replied "then it makes sense to use that card to earn your maximum 3,000 EQD's".

The agent is right, and the decision is easy. Spend $30,000.00 on the Aviator Business for the 3,000 EQD's and the Companion Certificate. The Silver Aviator card sits in a drawer, only to see the light of day at train station kiosks overseas. The United Presidential Plus card is back on deck.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 10:40 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by dciolli
And here's the response from Barclay customer service
I just stumbled upon this thread due to the (most recent) United-gate but am I the only person who noticed they wrote "... a reminder?" What? Surely that wall of text was not handwritten? It even has misrendered service marks! Did the paper letters also refer to the cardholder's anatomy? Inquiring minds want to know.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
What is the final word on this? Can you earn the $3K EQD from the Business card and the Silver card and stack it?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by cova
What is the final word on this? Can you earn the $3K EQD from the Business card and the Silver card and stack it?
I have both the business Barclay and Silver personal cards and have never been able to get a straight answer so Im planning to hit the thresholds on both so I can find out once and for all. Ill post here the outcome.
enpremiere likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 6:18 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by scottymagouf
I have both the business Barclay and Silver personal cards and have never been able to get a straight answer so Im planning to hit the thresholds on both so I can find out once and for all. Ill post here the outcome.
I have hit both thresholds so will know soon.
Aakste, 355F1 and enpremiere like this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 8:20 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by dickinson

please post your results!
dickinson and enpremiere like this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
The offer I got for the Business Card - lista the benefit, but doesn't add the exclusion in the fine print. Although it is there when I log into Barclay site for my Silver card. I guess earn the Silver EQD first.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 7:11 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Smile

Originally Posted by dickinson
I did get both
Old Dec 11, 2019, 6:17 am

Programs: AA-EXP, LATAM Gold+, BA-Blues
Back in Aug, I hit the $25,000 spend threshold for $3000 EQD from the Aviator Red card (last year of this one). and they posted like this:

And in early November, I crossed the $25,000 spend threshold for $3000 EQD from the Business card (which has this as an ongoing benefit ). Having spoken with Barclaycard in soon thereafter, they confirmed that I'd met the milestone, and that the EQD would post with the next billing cycle. Yesterday, an insertion like this was added to my account activity:

Needless to say - the latter insertion - of a single RDM, is quite a disappointment and not at all what I was expecting.

To follow this up with maximum expedience and chances for success, is this a matter I must chase with AAdvantage Customer Service, or rather, with Barclaycard Business Cards?

Thanks for the advice.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, LATAM Gold+, BA-Blues
Originally Posted by checkerboard
is this a matter I must chase with AAdvantage Customer Service, or rather, with Barclaycard Business Cards?
Well - I called AAdvantage Customer Service, and they told me it was just some sort of computer glitch, that they'd send off a report to their IT Dept, and that I should expect the EQD to post correctly within a few days.

Phew!
Old Dec 18, 2019, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA-PLT,-EXEC 2.7MM + UA-Former1k
Barclays Avistor card arrived with no CCV?

Applied for and received a Barclays AA Aviator card via FedEx the next day. Card does not have a CVV anywhere on it, just my AA FF account number where CVV should be - thus can not activate? Anyone else seen this? Could they really be that incompetent? Photos on demand. Have called and asked for a new card. Fully expecting a rinse and repeat result.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 1:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Has anyone had their eqd post for December yet?
Old Dec 25, 2019, 11:30 pm

Programs: UA MM Gold, AA Ex Plat, SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by BobbySteel
Has anyone had their eqd post for December yet?
my miles posted yesterday (statement date 12/23) but NO EQD. I hit my $25k spend late Nov
I am sitting at 110k and $12,500 EQD so really could use them ASAP to put me back to ExPlat
I know if they post in Jan supposedly will be retroactive but just would prefer any possible issues and they post now in 2019 lol
Old Dec 26, 2019, 7:17 am

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by cbrown5294
my miles posted yesterday (statement date 12/23) but NO EQD. I hit my $25k spend late Nov
I am sitting at 110k and $12,500 EQD so really could use them ASAP to put me back to ExPlat
I know if they post in Jan supposedly will be retroactive but just would prefer any possible issues and they post now in 2019 lol
The threshold for most accounts is $50K for the 3,000 EQD (it was changed this year). There are some exceptions though. You should check to see what your threshold is for the reward.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.