Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

December 2018 Economy Saaver Destinations

Old Oct 18, 18, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Hey, I am looking to take a trip around Dec 21st, but do not want to use up all my miles. Does anyone know of any good destinations where I can redeem my economy saver miles? I would be departing from ORD (Chicago). Dates are flexible.
Old Oct 18, 18, 11:41 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by akash325mx View Post
Hey, I am looking to take a trip around Dec 21st, but do not want to use up all my miles. Does anyone know of any good destinations where I can redeem my economy saver miles? I would be departing from ORD (Chicago). Dates are flexible.
Welcome to FT!

You're parameters are too vague to get a good response. What continent are you looking to travel to? Or are you only wanting to stay in the US? How many miles do you have and how many do you want to spend? Are you looking for hot or cold destinations or does that matter? Beach or ski? City or country? If you are looking for rock bottom destinations then I think anything under 500 miles will cost you only 7,500 miles one-way or 15,000 for the round trip.
Old Oct 18, 18, 12:20 pm

Programs: All of them, Katie
Originally Posted by akash325mx View Post
American has a tool that makes it easy to search for award availability broadly: https://www.aa.com/awardMap/home.do
Unfortunately, it seems to be broken right now. But assuming they fix it sometime soon, it could be a big help.

Otherwise, you'll probably have to just head to aa.com and start searching potential destinations. It's unlikely that you'll find much so close to Christmas.
Old Oct 22, 18, 10:34 am

Programs: AA lifetime Gold, United Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire, Hertz Gold
I have not used that award availability site in a long time. It would be far more useful if you could have flexible dates on there, but I like the concept of having this laid out for people.
Old Oct 22, 18, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage PP
That time of the year will be tough to find a saver AAward. Possibly at the last minute but likely not to popular destinations, or maybe requiring a return right after the 25th. The OP would do better if he was willing to consider non warm, non ski locations.
Old Oct 22, 18, 3:49 pm

Programs: Priority Club plat-Hertz 5*-AA gold-Marriott gold-Hilton silver
Originally Posted by Aristophanes80 View Post
American has a tool that makes it easy to search for award availability broadly: https://www.aa.com/awardMap/home.do
Unfortunately, it seems to be broken right now. But assuming they fix it sometime soon, it could be a big help.

Otherwise, you'll probably have to just head to aa.com and start searching potential destinations. It's unlikely that you'll find much so close to Christmas.
Is there anything like this for fares? My family is looking to take a quick 3 or 4 day get away and have a budget of $350 per person on our flights. I would love to be able to put in dates, origin city and budget and get a list of all possible places we could go.
Old Oct 22, 18, 3:59 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Amex PLT
Originally Posted by ksucats View Post
Is there anything like this for fares? My family is looking to take a quick 3 or 4 day get away and have a budget of $350 per person on our flights. I would love to be able to put in dates, origin city and budget and get a list of all possible places we could go.
You can kind of do this with Google Flights.

For example:

https://www.google.com/flights#flt=I...ls:1w;sd:0;t:e

I don't know if there's a way to do a <$350 though.
Old Oct 22, 18, 4:23 pm

Programs: Priority Club plat-Hertz 5*-AA gold-Marriott gold-Hilton silver
Originally Posted by BOSishome View Post

For example:

Thanks. I will go play with that.
Old Oct 22, 18, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BOSishome View Post

For example:

if you use the map function it shows your prices. Then you can click on the city and see the airlines and fares

Search this Thread
Search Engine: