Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why can’t CSR see award flights?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2021, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Why can’t CSR see award flights?

Relative rescheduling a TATL award flight that had been cancelled was told by the AA CSR that she could not see the desired itinerary found on aa.com. Had to book and hold, giving the CSR the new Locator code. Then she was able to move the old itinerary to the new one.
Why can’t AA CSRs see what’s on aa.com?
Old Feb 18, 2021, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA EP
No big deal. Happens. Most of the time I have found that the agent wasn’t doing the correct input. Ie, selecting a specific carrier to do the search.

Originally Posted by worldwidetraveler
Relative rescheduling a TATL award flight that had been cancelled was told by the AA CSR that she could not see the desired itinerary found on aa.com. Had to book and hold, giving the CSR the new Locator code. Then she was able to move the old itinerary to the new one.
Why can’t AA CSRs see what’s on aa.com?
Old Feb 18, 2021, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
One particular agent not being able to find a certain award flight, fare, itinerary, routing, rule, etc. is a tale as old as time.

Agents have varying degrees of experience, training, wherewithal, some are great, some aren't, some don't have a clue. As usual, HUCA and don't waste another breath on it.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 2:52 pm

We agents have no access to award availability except our own; but we can’t book that either . All award bookings must be done on website or reservations . We can’t pull miles from an account. Just too complicated, better left to rez agents that know how
BWISkyGuy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.