Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club rates increasing, new restrictions: 2019

Admirals Club rates increasing, new restrictions: 2019

Old Feb 13, 19, 2:44 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by economyplusfan View Post
I just got my annual $450 Executive Card renewal charge today. I called Citi and asked if the terms of AC lounge access with the card were changing. The agent said that the Bank had not been made aware of any changes for 2019. I also did not get notice of any changes on my ccard statement. It still says "Your American Airlines Admirals Club membership gets you in the door at more that 50 comfortable lounge locations worldwide so you can relax and unwind while you're waiting for your flight." Pretty scammy if there are indeed changes starting Nov 1, 2019.
Originally Posted by LovePrunes View Post
I doubt they're going to have credit card holders get in without an AA flight, and regular members require an AA flight for entrance. Seems like that would be a recipe for a lot of arguments. But then again maybe they *really really* want to push credit cards
My guess is that the Citi agent simply didn't know. I doubt that they have specialized reps per branded card, thus details like this can easily be missed until they become implemented. Not a good excuse, I know, but likely the reality.

And as @LovePrunes says, it would be completely impractical for the ACs to have different access rules based on how you "paid" for your membership.