Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Hold AAnytime Award Ticket change to Mile Saaver?

Old Oct 18, 2018, 5:01 am
Original Poster

I have put a an Economy Anytime award ticket on hold itinerary that is my preferred travel date and time. If this same itinerary becomes available for Milesaver award level booking, do I just call and have them adjust the mileage since the system will not allow me to book a duplicate itinerary? Thanks
Old Oct 18, 2018, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by thoward8111
I have put a an Economy Anytime award ticket on hold itinerary that is my preferred travel date and time. If this same itinerary becomes available for Milesaver award level booking, do I just call and have them adjust the mileage since the system will not allow me to book a duplicate itinerary? Thanks
Easiest would be to just cancel the hold and book the Saver ticket, assuming you mean before the hold ends.

Once you've booked, you'd have to cancel the Anytime award and get a new Saver award, which probably means a redeposit fee ($150) for the Anytime award, unless you're EXP.
JDiver likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 1:38 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by jordyn
Easiest would be to just cancel the hold and book the Saver ticket, assuming you mean before the hold ends.

Once you've booked, you'd have to cancel the Anytime award and get a new Saver award, which probably means a redeposit fee ($150) for the Anytime award, unless you're EXP.
That is correct.

No redeposit for upfaring class or SAAver to AAnytime, but definitely required for reduction of miles of any kind.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.