Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

American CRJ-700 with 9F operated by Skywest?

Old Oct 15, 18, 10:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz President's Circle, National EXC, Hyatt GLB, UA/HHonors/Marriott Gold, IHG PLT

Hello all,

I was upgraded on an upcoming ASE-DFW flight on a CR7 operated by Skywest for American. I am in row 3, which is showing as First Class. Up until now, all Skywest operated aircraft that I've been on have only had 6F. Did Skywest acquire some of the ex-Envoy CR7's or are they reconfiguring their flight to match the Envoy configuration? I tried to move into rows 1 or 2 to be safe in case of a last minute swap, but all of the seats are already taken. Any insight?

Either way, a 9F Skywest cabin is (if true) a welcome addition, especially on a high premium demand market such as ASE.
Old Oct 15, 18, 10:34 pm

Programs: UA *G, AA EXP
They do show up occasionally, but they also disappear at the last minute - so you are right to try to get into row 1 or 2.

I had one appear at check-in for PHX-MFR recently and nearly took 3A over 1A that I already had. But by the time we boarded 6 hours later, it was back to the smaller cabin.
Old Mar 27, 19, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT 2.6MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
I have been on several now. They added a bunch of 9F configured CR7's at DFW to replace exiting ExpressJet (usually leaving out of E). Some are now operating out of ORD as well. I am not sure if they are going to reconfigure the rest, however the rails are there (in the floor) and the overhead bins are at the ready to accommodate 9F, at least on all of the 6F birds I have been on.
Old Mar 27, 19, 8:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I knew about these plane swap issues and still picked a seat in the first two rows after being upgraded only to still be downgraded so good luck!

I also requested to get my originally booked MCE seat but AA wouldnt budge, nor would the gate agent so I was stuck in a non-reclining YC seat.

How can they make such automatic reassignment of seats with a plane swap but I canít get my originally booked coach seat back? Drives me nuts!

This reminds me I still have to use my $300 downgrade compensation AA proactively offered me.

Old Mar 27, 19, 10:07 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by akarneboge View Post
I have been on several now. They added a bunch of 9F configured CR7's at DFW to replace exiting ExpressJet (usually leaving out of E). Some are now operating out of ORD as well. I am not sure if they are going to reconfigure the rest, however the rails are there (in the floor) and the overhead bins are at the ready to accommodate 9F, at least on all of the 6F birds I have been on.
Yeah, SkyWest has been adding a bunch of ex-Delta CR7s, which are all in a 9F/56Y config.

In addition, I've seen some former 6F/64Y planes have been recently converted to 9F/56Y. While I can't confirm they're doing this to all planes, it almost seems like a good bet at this point.
Old Mar 28, 19, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT 2.6MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by arc727 View Post
Yeah, SkyWest has been adding a bunch of ex-Delta CR7s, which are all in a 9F/56Y config.

In addition, I've seen some former 6F/64Y planes have been recently converted to 9F/56Y. While I can't confirm they're doing this to all planes, it almost seems like a good bet at this point.
That would be huge if they do. With so many routes at CR7 out of ORD, having a standard CR7 config would be great. Some are PSA, some still Envoy (all 9F), and then some Skywest, now a mix of 6 and 9F.
Old Oct 22, 19, 5:57 pm

First flight on AA CR7 coming up . Are most of the AA/Skywest CR7 configured with 9 F ?
is 6 F rare or fairly common these days ?
Old Oct 23, 19, 10:36 am

Programs: National - Exec, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Delta - Gold, AA - Gold
Slightly depends on your route/location MrNice. I would say the 6F ones are more common, but again, depending on the flight route, that might not be the case. Could you provide that information?
Old Oct 23, 19, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA *G, AA EXP
I haven't seen a 9F one in 12 flights over the past 9 months.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: