Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AA Award on JL / JAL / Japan Airlines (master thd)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: AA Award on JL / JAL / Japan Airlines (master thd)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2015, 12:00 pm
Formerly known as jlars77

It doesn't appear it will be upgraded by then, but If you post in the JAL forum I'm sure you'll get a definitive answer.

https://www.jal.co.jp/en/inflight/in....html#suite787

Originally Posted by eb1020
Will be on LAX-KIX flight on JAL in mid-Nov. Read can't-remember-where that the 787 will have Sky Suites in Biz -- can anyone corroborate?
Old Aug 9, 2015, 10:26 pm

That route is not planned to have the sky suites. The only route to the u.s. right now with sky suites is JFK. For the 787.

Theses are all the routes with the sky suite 787.
https://www.jal.co.jp/en/inflight/inter/rosen/index.html#suite787

Boston, San Diego, and lax are not. LAX will probably be the last if they do change to sky suite in the future.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 11:14 pm

Thanks for your reply and links, 2Tall4Y and brabb12. FlyerTalk is an amazing resource!
Old Oct 25, 2015, 9:46 am

Just curious if anyone knows how long it takes from the time you purchase your reward on JAL for AA to ticket it? Is 24 hours normal? My still says processing?

Also, once it's ticketed can you then select your seats on JAL?

Thanks!
Old Oct 25, 2015, 10:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Depending on how far out your trip is it could be a few days. I can't remember how long my last one took but may have been 3-5 days to ticket from JAL.

Once confirmed, you can call AA and ask for the JAL record locator. Theirs is different than the one AA issues. You can take that JAL number and select your seats on JAL's website.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 12:21 pm

Yes, it has always taken a couple days for JL awards to ticket for me.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 1:41 pm

Great! Thank yoU! Was worried I didn't do something right!

Appreciate the kindness!

Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyInORD
Depending on how far out your trip is it could be a few days. I can't remember how long my last one took but may have been 3-5 days to ticket from JAL.

Once confirmed, you can call AA and ask for the JAL record locator. Theirs is different than the one AA issues. You can take that JAL number and select your seats on JAL's website.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by ManFactSpendLA
Just curious if anyone knows how long it takes from the time you purchase your reward on JAL for AA to ticket it? Is 24 hours normal? My still says processing?

Thanks!
Just a word of caution...don't let it go beyond 3 days. About 6 months ago I booked flights that included a JAL F segment. After two days I called in and they said JAL just takes a little longer and not to worry. Two days later I called back and was told for some reason it wouldn't ticket and so my itinerary was gone. May have been bad luck but taught me to be more diligent and "pushy" with the agents if its dragging on. Best of luck!

PS..I was able to find other flights and that reservation was ticketed within 24 hours.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 2:50 pm

Good to know! Thank you! If it doesn't ticket by tonight, I'll call them back!

Thanks!

Originally Posted by ymmot73
Just a word of caution...don't let it go beyond 3 days. About 6 months ago I booked flights that included a JAL F segment. After two days I called in and they said JAL just takes a little longer and not to worry. Two days later I called back and was told for some reason it wouldn't ticket and so my itinerary was gone. May have been bad luck but taught me to be more diligent and "pushy" with the agents if its dragging on. Best of luck!

PS..I was able to find other flights and that reservation was ticketed within 24 hours.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 3:59 pm
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K

Thanks!
Mine was ticketed in 3 hours, tho if you had the JL locator during the hold you can select seats on jal.com.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 4:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
Originally Posted by jix
Mine was ticketed in 3 hours, tho if you had the JL locator during the hold you can select seats on jal.com.
I redeemed for an F flight on JL in August. It took 10 days to ticket. I called about it on day 7, was put on a long hold, and told it would ticket in a few days. The agent apologized and said they were more backed up than usual. Sure enough, it went through a few days later.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 5:10 pm
jix

Originally Posted by Bretmd
I redeemed for an F flight on JL in August. It took 10 days to ticket. I called about it on day 7, was put on a long hold, and told it would ticket in a few days. The agent apologized and said they were more backed up than usual. Sure enough, it went through a few days later.
Yeah I'm not sure why mine did. I was expecting a few days after reading all the comments on tickets on request for partner flights for both awards and revenue, but I got the email and ticket number 2-3 hours after calling to ticket.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 5:24 pm

SO it's possible to get the JAL locator before it gets ticketed on AA? I'm assuming just call AA? This is my first time ticketing JAL on AA.

Originally Posted by jix
Old Oct 25, 2015, 5:53 pm
jix

SO it's possible to get the JAL locator before it gets ticketed on AA? I'm assuming just call AA? This is my first time ticketing JAL on AA.
Yeah after you hold the award, the email confirmation (subject line: AA eTDS Itinerary Document) contains a JL booking reference, I used it to find my booking on jal.com and picked the seats.

Alternatively you can also call AA agent.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Yes - all reservations have a locator # even while the ticketing itself is pending.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.