Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Remove/Miss a Multi-Stop Segment

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2018, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Remove/Miss a Multi-Stop Segment

I am planning to ticket a multi-stop flight, which is sold as KIX-HKG (CX565) but is actually a multi-stop flight KIX-TPE-HKG (CX565). Only KIX-HKG appears in my itinerary, as one flight. It's an AA ticket, so all the other segments are AA coded.

What happens if I deplane at TPE and don't get back on? I -think- that on this flight they have all customers get off and get back on, but I'm not sure. Assuming that they do check again and I no-show for the remaining stop, will they cancel the rest of my ticket?

To be clear, this isn't missing a -segment- of a ticket - there's no connection or separate coupon for the KIX-TPE and TPE-HKG segments. I would -assume- that once I board at KIX, the VCR status would change to USED, which will stop the system from cancelling the rest of the segments...
Old Oct 10, 2018, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by no2chem
I am planning to ticket a multi-stop flight, which is sold as KIX-HKG (CX565) but is actually a multi-stop flight KIX-TPE-HKG (CX565). Only KIX-HKG appears in my itinerary, as one flight. It's an AA ticket, so all the other segments are AA coded.

What happens if I deplane at TPE and don't get back on? I -think- that on this flight they have all customers get off and get back on, but I'm not sure. Assuming that they do check again and I no-show for the remaining stop, will they cancel the rest of my ticket?

To be clear, this isn't missing a -segment- of a ticket - there's no connection or separate coupon for the KIX-TPE and TPE-HKG segments. I would -assume- that once I board at KIX, the VCR status would change to USED, which will stop the system from cancelling the rest of the segments...
Interesting question, I'd recommend asking over in the CX forum of the possibility and ramifications of hopping off at an intermediary stop like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.