Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

DFW Terminal A to Terminal B (to merge DFW Guide thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2018, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Can you tell me if it is possible to walk from terminal A to terminal B at DFW airport?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Yes, there are footpaths connecting the two terminals. The connector is at the higher gates of A terminal (by gate A39) and connects to the lower gates of B terminal (gate B4).

See here for more info.
enviroian likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Thank you so very much for this information! Super helpful!
Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by gingerld
Can you tell me if it is possible to walk from terminal A to terminal B at DFW airport?
Yes, but not the fastest walk.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:24 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

There are several ways to get between terminals at DFW. See the Wikipost at the top of the page in this thread: AA Guide: DFW / Dallas - Fort Worth International Airport - MCT, Connection, etc.

The walkway is shown clearly in this map (shown in that thread) as the blue bar connecting A and B at the lower part. There are people movers in that elevated corridor, so there’s really not much to it as a walk goes.
enviroian likes this.

Last edited by JDiver; Oct 10, 2018 at 11:46 am
Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:24 am

Thank you so very much for this information! Super helpful!
Glad it helps! It is technically possible to walk between any of the terminals at DFW (except for E, which is not accessible by foot within the secure area) without leaving the secure area. It's been a while since I've done this, but I think there are moving walkways in the connector between A and B.

In case you're not aware, the SkyLink train is the fastest link between all terminals at DFW (it's about a two-minute ride between terminals A and B). It is clearly marked throughout each terminal, and it has two stops in each terminal. Just keep an eye out for the SkyLink signs, which will direct you toward the escalators and elevators leading up to the stations.

Last edited by brewdog11; Oct 11, 2018 at 10:56 am Reason: correction
Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors LTDia, Marriott Plat
With at least 30 minutes before boarding, you can walk from one end of DFW to the other. I do it every week when I have the time. The usual walking time I've found is 15-20 minutes without using the slidewalks.
JDiver likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:00 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by brewdog11
Glad it helps! It is technically possible to walk between any of the terminals at DFW without leaving the secure area. It's been a while since I've done this, but I think there are moving walkways in the connector between A and B.

In case you're not aware, the SkyLink train is the fastest link between all terminals at DFW (it's about a two-minute ride between terminals A and B). It is clearly marked throughout each terminal, and it has two stops in each terminal. Just keep an eye out for the SkyLink signs, which will direct you toward the escalators and elevators leading up to the stations.
Yes, walking is good if you need the exercise. But, in addition to a new train arriving every two minutes, it takes only nine minutes to go from any SkyLink station to the farthest SkyLink station from it.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 2:32 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
Originally Posted by TSparky
With at least 30 minutes before boarding, you can walk from one end of DFW to the other. I do it every week when I have the time. The usual walking time I've found is 15-20 minutes without using the slidewalks.
Same here. It helps quite a bit when coming off a 3+ hour flight and getting back on another one right after.
TSparky and deeruck like this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 8:18 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

You can, but you will save so much time taking the train
Old Oct 11, 2018, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by brewdog11
Glad it helps! It is technically possible to walk between any of the terminals at DFW without leaving the secure area.
Just in case anyone else stumbles on this thread, I want to correct this statement. It is NOT possible to walk to Terminal E inside of security. I'm not sure why the connector was never built, or if it was never even planned, but the only way to get to Terminal E without exiting and reentering security is on the train.
brewdog11 and wrp96 like this.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by dfw88
Just in case anyone else stumbles on this thread, I want to correct this statement. It is NOT possible to walk to Terminal E inside of security. I'm not sure why the connector was never built, or if it was never even planned, but the only way to get to Terminal E without exiting and reentering security is on the train.
I was not aware of this. Thank you for the correction; I have corrected my original post to reflect this more accurately.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA Gold; Hilton Diamond
All correct. There are 4 terminal-connecting walkways between A, B, C and D...they form basically a square between the near points of those four terminals. They all have slidewalks. Wait, B to D does not, since they extended gates B1-3 into the connector space. You can see the blocked-off escalators that go up to the level that would have the slide walks. Through the luck of excessive layovers, I have walked every foot of all 5 terminals of DFW.

Pro tip, the absolute best restrooms at DFW are at the low side of Terminal B, between B3 and B4. Large, usually empty, and clean.
TSparky likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 2:40 pm

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by noodlenoggin
All correct. There are 4 terminal-connecting walkways between A, B, C and D...they form basically a square between the near points of those four terminals. They all have slidewalks. Wait, B to D does not, since they extended gates B1-3 into the connector space. You can see the blocked-off escalators that go up to the level that would have the slide walks. Through the luck of excessive layovers, I have walked every foot of all 5 terminals of DFW.
I've wondered where those blocked-off escalators go! That makes sense.

As to the moving sidewalks, I'd say only C-D work with any regularity. A-B are like 75% broken so plan to walk. A-C are weird rubber bouncy walkways which are probably broken 50% of the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.