Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

SFO - MEX: Best routing option for AA Flagship Dining

SFO - MEX: Best routing option for AA Flagship Dining

Old Oct 10, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by Antarius
Flagship First Dining is limited to passengers in First in 3 class and up cabins. Which means First Class in the a321T (JFK-LAX/SFO) or F on the 77W.
Originally Posted by Amil
slightly off topic but kinda relevant if im flying LAX-MEX in F will i have access to flagship first dining or qantas f lounge or just the business ones?

im assuming just the business but you never know.
Sleight correction; you are traveling to LAX-MEX in the J cabin, not F as first refers to domestic first or true first class on a three class cabin as noted by Antarius.

Your profile shows that you are AA PL so you while your itinerary doesn't permit access to Flagship Dining at LAX, if you are traveling to Mexico City then you actually qualify for access to the Flagship Lounge at LAX and even the temporary Premium Lounge if connecting via DFW in two ways:
  • Your PL status, regardless of cabin, to MEX (from the AA site):

Qualifying AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum
    Get access if youre departing on or connecting to a qualifying international flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld airline (regardless of cabin).
  • Regardless of status, by flying in a premium cabin to MEX:

Get access if youre traveling in First or Business on a qualifying international or transcontinental flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld airline.

Qualifying international flights
    Flights between the U.S. and:
    Mexico City (MEX)
Old Oct 11, 2018, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by enpremiere
Weeeeeeellllll that might be a bit of a stretch. I highly doubt that passersby could care less about who comes in or out and even so who in their right mind would care?

People walking by are wondering must you be famous and/or rich is about as real as my push for official recognition of terminal swagger which surprisingly has still not found acceptance in the venerated halls of the medical community. Real class has nothing to do with any imaginary status granted by blindly spending on some airline or the location of a seat on a plane.

Now, holding a 77W past D0 for a single pax or tarmac transfers in an Escalade are quite a bit more interesting .

To some degree, I think bypassers DO care about those coming and going into lounges. Well, at least enough do that it appears that people are always trying to enter and hold up the line when Ive entered at SFO lately.

Then when theyre turned away they inevitably start looking at the queued people as they walk away. Sometimes I wonder if I tell the agents Id like to guess that person in, would that be accepted.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 6:12 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by Zacnlinc

To some degree, I think bypassers DO care about those coming and going into lounges. Well, at least enough do that it appears that people are always trying to enter and hold up the line when Ive entered at SFO lately.

Then when theyre turned away they inevitably start looking at the queued people as they walk away. Sometimes I wonder if I tell the agents Id like to guess that person in, would that be accepted.
Yes there always seems to be people trying to get into the lounges. Most of the time it appears as though they think domestic F enables lounge access. Some years back a member here on FT did just as you thought and did not get a good reaction from AC staff. You never know how someone will act particularly after a few drinks. I've seem some incredible boorish behavior in airline lounges over the years.

There are some airports (LAX T4, CLT B/C, LGA) where the ACs are a godsend from the crowded, cramped and usually dirty gate areas.
Zacnlinc likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

Ok.. the time has come for me... Anyone else off to DFW from SFO (AA 1198) and/or MEX (AA 2233). Looking for a fellow FT member to meet/greet along the way. PM me if interested. Will be arriving term A at DFW and departing term C if AC access is desired too.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by mvoight
I don't think this is what OP was referring to. I assume they meant Flagship First Dining, not the "buffet" in the FL
Currently this is only in LAX , MIA and JFK... Not "Dallas"
https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...rst-dining.jsp
The quotes around Dallas made me look this up isnt the terminal D lounge on the Fort Worth side?
Old Oct 15, 2018, 10:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by footballfanatic

The quotes around Dallas made me look this up isnt the terminal D lounge on the Fort Worth side?

Wait... is the holdup on the Flagship Lounge at DFW like the rumored holdup at PHL with the fact that the lounge will be in a different county issue? My immediate thoughts are that since USAirways took over American, they'd be more concerned/dedicated with having Flagship Lounges at PHL, CLT and PHX prior to the launching at other sites.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by footballfanatic
The quotes around Dallas made me look this up — isnt the terminal D lounge on the Fort Worth side?

I don't know. I was only commenting on this being DFW, and not DAL (The airport Southwest and AS' Virgin America aircraft use)
Old Oct 16, 2018, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
"regionally inspired dishes"

LOL
Old Oct 16, 2018, 11:28 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
Wait... is the holdup on the Flagship Lounge at DFW like the rumored holdup at PHL with the fact that the lounge will be in a different county issue? My immediate thoughts are that since USAirways took over American, they'd be more concerned/dedicated with having Flagship Lounges at PHL, CLT and PHX prior to the launching at other sites.
I don't think CLT or PHX will ever see a FL. I'd just like for PHL, CLT and PHX to get showers.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 12:30 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
I don't think CLT or PHX will ever see a FL. I'd just like for PHL, CLT and PHX to get showers.
If their operations on the ramp start slowing down with just a light mist, I'd hate to see what happens with regular showers
Old Oct 16, 2018, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
I can't see why showers would be necessary in PHX, and a FL there doesn't seem to make sense either.
Showers in PHL and CLT make sense because presumably there are a number of red-eyes arriving in the morning from the west coast, and a shower on arrival is necessary for a business traveler who wants to go straight to work.
That said, I generally don't do domestic red-eyes - I think the only time I've ever taken (or even wanted) a shower in a US airport was at LAX on on HKG-LAX-JFK.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.