Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Citi AAdvantage Executive Card EQM: how long to post and should I bother

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi AAdvantage Executive Card EQM: how long to post and should I bother

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2018, 2:59 am

Thanks! Will try and see how it goes.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 6:50 am

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), Marriott Tit
On a similar note, does anyone know what the cutoff is for the $40K spend? I.e. transaction date, post date, statement, etc.?
Old Dec 4, 2018, 8:50 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Here's my issue. I used Plastiq, they screwed up, and $3k was returned to my CitiExec card. I already got the 10k EQM posted, this return brings me under $3k. What are the odds of there being a clawback? If it's even 1 in 5, I'm better off putting $3k more spend on the card, even though I seem to have no use for AA miles.

Thoughts?
Old Dec 4, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond for Life
I hit my 40k spend yesterday. My statement period doesn't end for another week. I'll keep track of how long it takes to post. This should push me over to Pro.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 2:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Platininum, Marriott Gold, National Executive
I hit my net 40K on 12/7, coincidentally the same day my statement closed. Not elevated to Platinum from Gold yet as of today the 9th, but we'll see.
I max out EQM bonus from both Barclay Aviator and Citi Exec cards every year. I have to change all my auto-paid bills midway through the calendar year to the other card, but for me, since I do so many short hops, it's the only way I can get the status I deserve.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 7:56 am

12/3/2018 - Hit/passed $40k spend
12/14/2018 - Statement closed
12/15/2018 - 10k EQM deposited and status updated to PPRO.
MorganB and bscooter26 like this.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 12:32 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Platininum, Marriott Gold, National Executive
OK, then it would seem that it's typically effective when the statement closes.

If my numbers didn't agree with theirs as of 12/7 closing date, it would have a week later. I think I'm up to $48K or more by now, so I guess I'll hear by 1/8/19.

Will remember this for the Exec card in the future, and insure I use it in the first half of the year, so I get the status upgrade earlier. Nice to have when the holidays roll around and crowded flights...
Old Dec 30, 2018, 1:03 pm

I hope that on 1/8 or 9, the 10k EQM are deposited into your account for 2018.

Statement closing dates are different for everyone. You still completed the spend objective in the time required.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:01 pm

How did this turn out? Any clawback?
Old Jun 19, 2019, 8:24 am

Last year when I hit $40k, the EQM were credited within a day of statement close.

This year I received an email from [email protected] saying:

You've earned 10,000 Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) based on your recent spending activity with your CitiŽ / AAdvantageŽ Executive World EliteTM Mastercard. These EQMs count toward your qualification for elite status and have been added to your AAdvantage account.
My statement closed on June 13. However, the EQM have not actually posted. It's not a big deal for status, as I've already crossed 100k EQM, but I'd still like to see them in there. Who should I reach out to? Aadvantage customer service? Citibank?
Old Nov 25, 2019, 8:53 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
So if you don't hit the 40K spend until the last few days of December, and your next statement close date is early January, will the 10K post and then retroactively be applied to the current year's elite qualification?

I'm relying on this bonus to push me over to Platinum and it's my first year needing it so I want to make sure I don't screw it up and need to hit 40K spend before my December statement to make it all work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.