Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

non stop OW award for 4 from europe to US over thanksgiving

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

non stop OW award for 4 from europe to US over thanksgiving

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2018, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mvoight
Has OP considered flying from Rome instead of Naples?
i have. for some odd reason AA doesnt fly from FCO to PHL on 11/24 or 11/25...
Old Oct 4, 2018, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by omaralt
i have. for some odd reason AA doesnt fly from FCO to PHL on 11/24 or 11/25...
Not really odd at all, TATL travel is dead Thanksgiving week (especially business travel). A good chunk of the AA TATL flights operate on limited days that week, including FCO-PHL. It's been this way for several years now.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 2:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
But, AA does fly from LHR to the US. I think that we've established that what you are referring to as "taxes" are BA's fees. But, AA doesn't charge them and you won't be liable for APD if the ground time at LHR is <24 hours. Thus, fly BA to LHR and connect to AA onwards to the US. On the US end connect to TPA. Just start looking at schedules and availability from AA gateways to TPA (as well as MCO).
Old Oct 4, 2018, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Not really odd at all, TATL travel is dead Thanksgiving week (especially business travel). A good chunk of the AA TATL flights operate on limited days that week, including FCO-PHL. It's been this way for several years now.

seems odd that the route is flown every day except three days
Old Oct 4, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by omaralt
seems odd that the route is flown every day except three days
Not really if you figure that international travel is dead AND domestic travel is wild some of those days (so you can reslot employees to full flights domestically instead of dead international flights). The Sunday after Thanksgiving is one of the busiest travel days of the year, but it's not people doing European vacations; it's people visiting family during a holiday, which overwhelmingly means domestic travel.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 4:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Maybe throw your search open to MIA and MCO as well as TPA. Maybe IB metal through MAD? Not that I'd expect to find 4 J on any of those flights... There should also be *some* AA TATL metal to MIA, right? A three-hour drive home worth it to avoid a few grand in fees? Worth considering with 4 people...
Old Oct 5, 2018, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
According to the subject line, the OP is interested in flying from "Europe", so that would include FCO and many other places.
Yep, and stating "Europe" is not very specific. It is like me saying I want to fly from the US. That could be LAX or JFK, which I am sure many agree are totally different points.

I will never understand why Americans can't be more specific when they travel to "Europe".
Old Oct 5, 2018, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by pinniped
Maybe throw your search open to MIA and MCO as well as TPA. Maybe IB metal through MAD? Not that I'd expect to find 4 J on any of those flights... There should also be *some* AA TATL metal to MIA, right? A three-hour drive home worth it to avoid a few grand in fees? Worth considering with 4 people...
Doesn't IB have YQ fees like BA?
Old Oct 5, 2018, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Their reference to flights ex FCO appear to imply that
Yes, I did miss that
Old Oct 5, 2018, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rossmacd
Yep, and stating "Europe" is not very specific. It is like me saying I want to fly from the US. That could be LAX or JFK, which I am sure many agree are totally different points.

I will never understand why Americans can't be more specific when they travel to "Europe".
OP did say " NAP - LGW - TPA ", and mentioned AA not flying PHL-FCO during that time, So, my assumption is they are going from either the Rome or Naples area to the TPA area
(Which I would assume might also mean MCO as Disney is a 90 minute drive. Of course since BA also flies to MCO, and MCO wasn't mentioned, I had ruled out Disney)
I am fairly sure they aren't going to the LAX or JFK area
Old Oct 5, 2018, 9:14 am

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
Originally Posted by mvoight
Doesn't IB have YQ fees like BA?
IB does impose the fees, but theirs are not nearly as high as BA's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.