Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA vs Japan Airlines International Premium Economy

AA vs Japan Airlines International Premium Economy

Old Dec 30, 2018, 5:35 am

Programs: AA exp 3mm Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by theshaun
Can anyone compare the PE products of AA and JAL? Looking to travel from west coast to NRT/HND. And if I book JAL metal through AA can I select seats?
My impression of JL vs AA PE TPAC, is JL for the hard product. Service/food seems about the same. Was surprised how much better JL was in PE and J NRT<>HAN as opposed to TPAC. (NRT<> ORD) Of course, the soft product can change flat to flat, day to day, depending on numerous factors.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 4:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott Plat,
I was on JAL PE NRT-ORD a few weeks ago ... it is very good; plenty of leg room, I had a window on a 2-3-2 and slept most of the time, so wasn't too bad. Not as comfortable as the old business class slider seats. But hard product is definitely far better than AA PE. Seats slide out in front, and you have a leg rest that angles out. The bathrooms on the plane had the fancy japanese toilets (!!!). While service was very pleasant, I personally found it a bit too "smiley" - FAs had difficulty understanding english, but smiled a lot. Food was OK, not comparable with business class on either JAL or AA (or other competitors like ANA). IFE had small collection, but nice screen and ports for usb charging and power for your devices.

Overall, if you are looking for a better seat - JAL is definitely the way to go.
E55 likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 6:08 am
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, Lifetime PLT, Silver EK Skywards
Originally Posted by enpremiere
That's a pretty darn incontestable evidence of foot room for those 77W bulkhead seats.

Speaking of which, excellent choice in footwear. The white soles help to outline your feet against the similarly colored carpeting otherwise you'll feel like you're floating.

Photo and stylish footwear credit: @timfucius
LOL. My favorite travel shoes by Cole Haan (Grand Motion Stitchlite).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.