Wiki Posts
Search

Newbie Paid Upgrade Question

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2018, 4:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, CCR, LTG
Newbie Paid Upgrade Question

Folks, BA flyer here. I have a business transatlantic ticket next week on BA which includes a JFK-SFO sector which has booked into economy but is issued on the AA flight number. Can't seem to see any possibility to buy an upgrade when I access the booking on AA.com. Does anyone know if this is likely to be possible? For what it is worth the flight in question is showing F0 A0 J4 D4 I0
Old Sep 27, 2018, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by brentford77
Folks, BA flyer here. I have a business transatlantic ticket next week on BA which includes a JFK-SFO sector which has booked into economy but is issued on the AA flight number. Can't seem to see any possibility to buy an upgrade when I access the booking on AA.com. Does anyone know if this is likely to be possible? For what it is worth the flight in question is showing F0 A0 J4 D4 I0
You won't see any kind of buy-up offer on aa.com when you access your booking beforehand, that's normal. About the only thing you can do is call BA and see what it would cost to up-fare that sector to business. Probably very expensive as this is essentially just paying the fare difference.

When it comes time to check-in, for flights that have excess availability up front, AA will sometimes offer buy-up opportunities when you check-in online, via the AA app, or at an airport kiosk (called LFBUs). But on a JFK-SFO flight that is already down to J4, that is highly unlikely.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, CCR, LTG
Really helpful: much appreciated!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.