Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA and Zoës Kitchen Add New Buy on Board for Main Cabin (1 Dec 2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2018, 10:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite

American just released a press release about their new partnership with Zoës Kitchen.

Zoës Kitchen and American Airlines have teamed up to introduce a new food-for-sale menu for customers seated in Main Cabin that will offer delicious, light and healthy choices onboard.

The new menu, designed in collaboration with Zoës head chef and Vice President of Culinary Innovation Antonio Iocchi, includes items unique to American as well as signature dishes found in Zoës restaurants, such as its signature hummus and The Grüben sandwich. The new items will be available for purchase on most domestic flights longer than three hours beginning Dec. 1.
The new items launching Dec. 1 include:
  • Breakfast Sandwich: Turkey bacon, egg slices and tomato topped with baby arugula on a waffle brioche bun with Calabrian pepper aioli
  • Continental Breakfast Box: Belgian waffle, hazelnut spread and fresh berries
  • The Grüben: Zoës signature sandwich with sliced turkey, Manchego cheese, crunchy Mediterranean slaw and feta spread layered on marble wheat bread, served with a Zoës chocolate chip cookie
  • Chicken Wrap: Grilled chicken wrap with mozzarella, roasted tomatoes, arugula and artichokes, served with a Zoës chocolate chip cookie
  • Hummus Duo: Zoës signature hummus duo, including their classic flavor topped with Kalamata olives and basil pesto hummus, served with pita bread, cucumber and carrot
Along with the new Zoës options, American will continue to offer its signature fruit and cheese plate and breakfast platter. Throughout 2019, American and Zoës will continue to collaborate and introduce additional items in Main Cabin as well as domestic first class service.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 11:13 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
In the Press Release they note they will still offer i.e. "cheese plate"*--will the new items be offered FREE to exps flying in Y? I assume the CP will still be free.
I've been on several flts over 3 hours where there was NO CP available in Y.
fotographer likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 3:22 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Talking

Originally Posted by nrr
In the Press Release they note they will still offer i.e. "cheese plate"*--will the new items be offered FREE to exps flying in Y? I assume the CP will still be free.
It will only be offered if there is any left after serving F
Old Sep 25, 2018, 5:46 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fotographer;30242584[b
]It [/b]will only be offered if there is any left after serving F
What does It refer to? In my post#2 I asked two questions: (1)will any/all of the new Gourmet items be free to EXPS, (2)will the cheese plate (if offered) still be FREE (to EXPS)?
PS: On most of my recent flts in F the cheese plate at breakfast time is a PRE-ORDER only item.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Great idea! Although if their is no pre-order all will be gone by the 3rd row in coach as has happened many times before.
chitink likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nrr
what's cp?

cheap parker?
Old Sep 25, 2018, 6:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors LTDia, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by enviroian
what's cp?

cheap parker?
Cheese Plate, I believe
Old Sep 25, 2018, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TSparky
Cheese Plate, I believe
ah lol of course
Old Sep 25, 2018, 7:31 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by nrr
What does It refer to? In my post#2 I asked two questions: (1)will any/all of the new Gourmet items be free to EXPS, (2)will the cheese plate (if offered) still be FREE (to EXPS)?
PS: On most of my recent flts in F the cheese plate at breakfast time is a PRE-ORDER only item.
sorry, got my reply worded wrong.... yet to see a cp in the morning, but I have for the flights later during the day
Old Sep 25, 2018, 8:31 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
We end up at our local Zoe's about once a week because there are some things they do well by fast casual restaurant standards. Here's hoping the partnership goes well for both companies.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 9:06 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
This all sounds like the same disgusting offerings they have now, but with a different wrapper.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 10:54 am

Programs: BA GfL
That cheese plate has never once been available when I ask for it. I always end up eating the hummus box, which is pretty awful, but still better than the beef jerky box (who the heck thought THAT would be a good idea? So unappetizing.). The Zoe’s hummus box sounds at least mildly better than the current one.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by uxb
This all sounds like the same disgusting offerings they have now, but with a different wrapper.
Yes.
Originally Posted by beachmouse
We end up at our local Zoe's about once a week because there are some things they do well by fast casual restaurant standards. Here's hoping the partnership goes well for both companies.
I did not know that there was a chain called Zoe's Kitchen, but it does not matter, there will be little relationship between what they serve in their stores and what will be served in flight. It's like those chefs whose names are associated with airline J/F offerings---it's just branding, not substance.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
Originally Posted by travelmad478
That cheese plate has never once been available when I ask for it. I always end up eating the hummus box, which is pretty awful, but still better than the beef jerky box (who the heck thought THAT would be a good idea? So unappetizing.). The Zoe’s hummus box sounds at least mildly better than the current one.
I routinely get the cheese plate when my upg doesn't clear. Are you seated far in the back?

For those not in the know, Zoes has excellent fast casual food, so I'm hoping that the in flight options are decent. They're obviously footprint limited but when I lived in in TN I ate there routinely. Absolutely delicious sandwiches and the feta spread they put on the Gruben is like crack. Also cool that there will be some Zoes products on the pre-order only list for FC, depending on how this goes, might be a good go-to when the options don't look good. I'm also glad to see they include a cookie. At some point the last few years the Y B.o.B. option lost the free chips that came along with it, but the prices didn't change.

It's incredible how far ahead of the other two UA is when it comes to B.o.B. offerings (multiple hot options) but hopefully this helps to close the gap a bit. One thing I haven't noticed - will the transcon sandwiches be upgraded to the Zoes products too?
Old Sep 26, 2018, 11:38 am

Programs: BA GfL
Originally Posted by lds89
I routinely get the cheese plate when my upg doesn't clear. Are you seated far in the back?
I am always in the bulkhead aisle seat of coach. They just don’t get loaded at all, according to the FAs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.