Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award Travel to Jordan and Israel

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2018, 10:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mvoight
I have flown an award from the US to LHR-AMM-TLV (forgot which US city was involved, possibly ORD) in 2014. I don't know if there have been any changes regarding this
I remember AMM being the only airline lounge I had been to that charged to take a shower ($15, at the time, I think)
My passport has never been stamped by Israel, and I have never asked them not to. They generally give you a small paper stating it is a B1/B2 with your photo, etc
Maybe try reading the thread. It can be an informative way to do things.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: AA Exp / Marriott Titanium / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Globalist / United Silver
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Maybe try reading the thread. It can be an informative way to do things.
Ouch that's a high standard.
JonNYC likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 3:25 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by travel214
As many of you also pointed out, I’ll need to be careful with not getting stamped by Israel at the border before my return trip to US otherwise connecting through DOH might become an issue (will it?)
AFAIK, and from personal experience, they never stamp your passport in Israel. You get a small printed receipt that is slipped into your passport and then retrieved when you leave.

Even then, if you're just connecting straight through Qatar, not entering the country, I don't believe transit would be affected.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 4:46 pm

You better wear deodorant as you will grilled in TLV on your travel plans.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by dll
AFAIK, and from personal experience, they never stamp your passport in Israel. You get a small printed receipt that is slipped into your passport and then retrieved when you leave.

Even then, if you're just connecting straight through Qatar, not entering the country, I don't believe transit would be affected.
Yeah, I had originally planned to take advantage of the 3-hour city tour at Qatar coming from the US due to the long layover, looks like I will scratch that to avoid any complications with the crossing

Originally Posted by Centurion
You better wear deodorant as you will grilled in TLV on your travel plans.
haha yeah, I have been reading internet posting on tips/suggestions around border crossing to/from Israel. Hopefully, it wouldn't be an issue but I'll keep looking to see if RJ award opens up so I can bypass DOH. Based on everything I read from this thread, that might be the sensible thing to do.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:31 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Having traveled throughout the region quite extensively, the only real way to resolve any problems that traveling to/from Israel would pose is to carry a second US/UK passport if you are a citizen of either. Both governments issue a limited-validity passport. This used to be for the purpose of preventing Arab harassment of American/British visitors to Israel. Now, it is mostly used to prevent American/British visitors from being harassed by Israelis over their Arab travels.
travel214 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.