FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Admirals Club closing time during “IRROPS” (IROPS) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1931678-admirals-club-closing-time-during-irrops-irops.html)

SouthernCross Sep 20, 2018 9:01 pm

Admirals Club closing time during “IRROPS” (IROPS)

Warning...Rant.

Can anyone explain why the DFW Admirals Clubs can’t stay open during IRROPS? Lots of other lounges stay open when there are significant delays. Has this always been the policy at DFW, or is it a recent change?

If anyone at AA is lurking/paying attention, you are slowly chipping away every last service that makes an airline an airline worth flying.

seigex Sep 20, 2018 10:14 pm

During the PHX Terminal 4 debacle, they stayed open until 1:30am at the A19 lounge that closes at 8:30p, and the lobby ladies were complaining nonstop about it.

dantheflyingman Sep 20, 2018 10:45 pm

This one seems unique to DFW (although I can't say for ORD, since that's my home base). I've more than once had to rush to the Admiral's Club at DFW during IRROPS in order to get access to the AAngels. Every other location seems to stay open as long as is needed (in my experience, anyway).

djibouti Sep 21, 2018 12:39 am

At the beginning of a mileage run 3-4 years ago, originating on a redeye SFO-JFK, my flight was so delayed that they ended up putting me directly on SFO-DFW (original routing was convoluted and I ended up requested ORC). I came back in the morning and the AAngels told me the lounge had been open all night.

So, YMMV.

I can see why they wouldn't do this at DFW given that:

1) There's probably always SOME flight that has IRROPS.
2) There's other help to be had when you're at a fortress hub, even if it's just the phone agents.

3Cforme Sep 21, 2018 3:12 am

Originally Posted by SouthernCross (Post 30227967)

Can anyone explain why the DFW Admirals Clubs can’t stay open during IRROPS?

You tell unionized, relatively low wage, hourly employees that they have mandatory overtime without notice. Let us know how that goes.

IADCAflyer Sep 21, 2018 4:20 am

My experience is that ACs will adjust their hours depending on situations at hand or due to big schedule changes. Last Thanksgiving when AA was running their extended schedule on the Sunday after Thanksgiving, AA kept their CLT clubs open until about 12:30 am to handle the additional bank that was created for those passengers.

MiamiAirport Formerly NY George Sep 21, 2018 6:55 am

From my experience its a case by case decision. I believe if a number of paxs are impacted by a maintenance issue (typically a wide body International flight) the AC (or AC nearest the departing gate) will stay open until the flight is ready for boarding or it cancels.

JDiver Sep 21, 2018 9:17 am

Theres no unified policy about Clubs remaining open after normal hours. As newyorkgeorge says, it’s a case by case decision. (BTW, it’s “IROPS” when the airlines use that abbreviation, even if it seems illogical.)

Crisphoarder Sep 21, 2018 9:18 am

They closed early? The AAngel told me to stay in the lounge even though they were closing.

Often1 Sep 21, 2018 9:32 am

My experience is that they do their best to keep the AC's open during widespread IRROPS. But, it does not always work. Same thing, BTW at DL and they aren't unionized !

DFW may be relatively unique because it is so large.and IRROPS is fairly constant one way or another (somewhere).

formeraa Sep 21, 2018 9:45 am

Originally Posted by dantheflyingman (Post 30228171)
This one seems unique to DFW (although I can't say for ORD, since that's my home base). I've more than once had to rush to the Admiral's Club at DFW during IRROPS in order to get access to the AAngels. Every other location seems to stay open as long as is needed (in my experience, anyway).

Really?!? This seems to be a "thing" at AA these days. The FA's on my last flight were complaining about changes in terminology (whatever that meant). I don't complain publicly about the changes in my job; I expect the FA's to act professionally. Do like everyone else does: complain amongst yourselves during your own time (not in front of your customers).