Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Expiring SWU / VIP giveaway (strictly freely given): 2018 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 18, 2018, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SpammersAreScum
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

Please familiarize yourself with these ground rules. Posts that do not conform to these rules will be summarily removed (without notice to the poster).

AA: "Upgrades are void if sold or advertised for sale for cash or other considerations. Members may designate another passenger to use their upgrades."

• Asking for SWU passes is not permitted! Donors will post here, and members are welcome to communicate via PM from there. If you don't see an open request, don't ask for one.
  • In order to comply with AAdvantage T&C, SWU must given freely, with no strings attached. Requests for money, trading for SWU with different expiry or another airline’s instruments, or any other consideration, whether in the clear or via PM, are not allowed.
  • Out of respect of our generous donors, please follow their instructions and contact them with the information they request.
  • Donors can ultimately make the choice of recipient (tenured/contributive member, longer flight itineraries, international vs. domestic, etc.).
  • Recipients are solely and entirely responsible for the payment of any fees or taxes associated with the use of a gifted SWU (e.g. United Kingdom Air Passenger Duty).
  • This thread is NOT for the discussion of ethics, entitlement, or nomination of charities/groups as recipients. (Donating instruments for use in charity auctions or as prizes is prohibited by AAdvantage T&C.)
  • If anybody offers to sell, buy, barter or trade SWU by PM, please contact the moderators immediately, as this is a violation of AAdvantage and FlyerTalk rules. Appropriate disciplinary action will be taken.

For obsolete posts, please see ARCHIVE: Expiring SWU / VIP giveaway (strictly freely given): 2018 Edition (link) and the 2017 version.

Thanks everyone!

~AAdvantage forum moderators
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Expiring SWU / VIP giveaway (strictly freely given): 2018 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:23 pm
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I have tried to give mine away to some friends and family.

I have 3 I am willing to give away.

Please check for C space before PMing me.

Thanks.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, HH Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by skunker
I have 2 SWU that are available. Expire 1/31. Confirmable space only. Prefer itineraries with long-haul or international and active members of FT.

PM me.
Originally Posted by Long Train Runnin

Thanks.
PMs sent
Old Jan 8, 2019, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by Long Train Runnin

Thanks.
PM sent . . . .
Old Jan 8, 2019, 6:29 am

Programs: HHonors - Diamond, AA - EXP
Needle is to Haystack as C Inventory is to International Itineraries :-)
MasterPlanner likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 6:45 am

Last edited by USMC_87; Jan 11, 2019 at 2:21 pm
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:11 am
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by USMC_87
Every time I sent pm to these fools they never reply lol
That's helpful....

I think a big part of it. Look at your posts?

What are you adding to Flyertalk?

This place is give and take based on your posting history for you its all take.

When I see someone with 3 posts or 3k in my PM inbox guess who I am choosing every time....

Stick around post your experiences. Answer questions. Be part of the FT community and then I bet you'll see people more likely to get answers to your PMs.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:14 am

I've had a very different experience, and I really appreciate both the offers and the replies I have received to my PMs.

So far nothing has worked out for me so far (although fingers crossed for my family's upcoming long-haul int'l trip). But I think folks are being very generous with their offers on soon-to-be-expiring SWUs, and hopefully I can be hooked up. It would really be doing me a solid!

Also, folks aren't getting anything for these SWUs. And its hardly their day job or anything. So no, even if folks are busy, I don't seee them as "fools" when they can't respond at the drop of a hat (or even at all). We are all quite busy in our real lives . . . . .
robofski, Antarius and lowmiles like this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
would I love a free swu absolutely, but these swu belong to someone else who is considering giving them away for free.

the way I see it, these are gifts and the owner may gift them to whomever they wish for whatever reason. No expectation of being given one, but genuine appreciation if they are is 100% warranted.

Lets not become entitled here for something that belongs to others
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:50 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
If your approach to them is to call or treat them as them fools, it’s not surprising.

When others read your posts here, remember, you’re positioning yourself (making an impression) to people who know nothing about you. But it’s more likely others have beaten you to the punch.

I think you had better read the Rules about how we comport ourselves here. Link.

Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM.
I have 2 SWU expiring 1/31/2019. Please PM me your flight details if interested.

-Kman.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by mlqsko
I have 2 SWUs I can’t use and don’t want to see AA take away. Up for grabs, first come and best dressed.

- ideally for 1 pax RT or 2 pax OW;
- for travel until end of Jan;
- longhaul flights (>6hrs);
- confirmed C space available, will not waitlist;

Still have them.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: AS Gold 75K and Delta PM, former AA EXP
PM Sent
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:01 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by skunker
I have 2 SWU that are available. Expire 1/31. Confirmable space only. Prefer itineraries with long-haul or international and active members of FT.

PM me.
I have one left. I know several people have PMed me that are waiting on C availability. If I haven't replied, then you didn't meet one of the ground rules. Sorry.

EDIT: ALL GONE.

Last edited by skunker; Jan 9, 2019 at 10:48 am
Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
I have 2 left. Please help me to make only one call: 2 PAX on same PNR, confirmable space, flight >6 hours.

As mentioned above, preference will be given to those who are active members of FT community. I also enjoy if you can offer an interesting story, though that may violate the rule against quid pro quo!
Old Jan 9, 2019, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tylerdurden4543
I also enjoy if you can offer an interesting story, though that may violate the rule against quid pro quo!
Watch out for AA Corporate Security too

Also, unrelated, but to reiterate what others have said - thanks to all that are sharing. Your generosity and contributions to the FT community are appreciated tremendously.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.