Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Expiring SWU / VIP giveaway (strictly freely given): 2018 Edition

Old Sep 18, 2018, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SpammersAreScum
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

Please familiarize yourself with these ground rules. Posts that do not conform to these rules will be summarily removed (without notice to the poster).

AA: "Upgrades are void if sold or advertised for sale for cash or other considerations. Members may designate another passenger to use their upgrades."

• Asking for SWU passes is not permitted! Donors will post here, and members are welcome to communicate via PM from there. If you don't see an open request, don't ask for one.
  • In order to comply with AAdvantage T&C, SWU must given freely, with no strings attached. Requests for money, trading for SWU with different expiry or another airline’s instruments, or any other consideration, whether in the clear or via PM, are not allowed.
  • Out of respect of our generous donors, please follow their instructions and contact them with the information they request.
  • Donors can ultimately make the choice of recipient (tenured/contributive member, longer flight itineraries, international vs. domestic, etc.).
  • Recipients are solely and entirely responsible for the payment of any fees or taxes associated with the use of a gifted SWU (e.g. United Kingdom Air Passenger Duty).
  • This thread is NOT for the discussion of ethics, entitlement, or nomination of charities/groups as recipients. (Donating instruments for use in charity auctions or as prizes is prohibited by AAdvantage T&C.)
  • If anybody offers to sell, buy, barter or trade SWU by PM, please contact the moderators immediately, as this is a violation of AAdvantage and FlyerTalk rules. Appropriate disciplinary action will be taken.

For obsolete posts, please see ARCHIVE: Expiring SWU / VIP giveaway (strictly freely given): 2018 Edition (link) and the 2017 version.

Thanks everyone!

~AAdvantage forum moderators
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Expiring SWU / VIP giveaway (strictly freely given): 2018 Edition

Old Jan 27, 2019, 5:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
I have couple SWUs left. PM me your name, PNR, route, and if its confirmable. Ideally longer distance and confirmable. Flight must be by 1/31

Thanks

Last edited by ss2000; Jan 27, 2019 at 6:50 am
Old Jan 27, 2019, 9:45 am

One SWU available.

Having been stuck against AA inventory management, I'm willing to sponsor someone waitlisted on a long haul as long as there is good space available in the upper cabin and the traveler has high status and EQDs, therefore a good chance to clear. Preference to flights leaving sooner rather than later, so I can try again if the waitlist does not clear.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 11:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plat, A3 Gold
Two SWUs available. Travel must be by 1/31. C class must be available (no waitlisting).

Priority will be given to longer flights. Otherwise it's first come first served.

DM me your PNR, full name, flight number and date.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:23 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K, exiled from AA (2.7MM)
I was gifted two SWU last January. Perhaps that is why I find myself with one left over? I am ready to pay it forward. I'm sorry I waited until the last minute. I know there is a lot of availability to LHR tomorrow; I just checked EF. Your potential long-haul itinerary must be confirmable. It expires 31jan.

PM your details (PNR, full name, flight number, date) and I'll deal with EXP desk.

I've been an AA fanboy for so long, but my patience wears thin. Someone's getting to sit in a premium class seat.

Last edited by ACBLtd; Jan 28, 2019 at 8:05 pm Reason: clarify expiry date
Old Jan 28, 2019, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro | Hyatt Globalist | HH Diamond | SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ACBLtd
I was gifted two SWU last January. Perhaps that is why I find myself with one left over? I am ready to pay it forward. I'm sorry I waited until the last minute. I know there is a lot of availability to LHR tomorrow; I just checked EF. Your potential long-haul itinerary must be confirmable.

PM your details (PNR, full name, flight number, date) and I'll deal with EXP desk.

I've been an AA fanboy for so long, but my patience wears thin. Someone's getting to sit in a premium class seat.
Not sure if you have to fly by 1/31 but I sent you a PM. I have a flight after 1/31
Old Jan 28, 2019, 10:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
One left! Flight has to be 1/31 or before and at this point, happy to put someone on a waitlist for BOS to LGA...
Old Jan 29, 2019, 8:56 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Giving away one SWU expiring 1/31 - transcon or long haul and confirmable. Please PM me if interested!
Old Jan 29, 2019, 10:20 am

2x AA SWUs - Free to AA Flyer

Not sure if this is the right place (I have been lurking for years), but I have 2x AA SWUs that expire in two days. Offering them to the FT community. PM me ASAP (I think I figured out how to read those!) with your AA status and record locator. I will call it in.... Thanks for the great info on these boards!
Jaimito Cartero likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 10:48 am

Just saw this thread. 2 available.....PM.... Cheers!
Old Jan 29, 2019, 11:09 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Marriott Ambassador (LT Titanium)
2x more from me. First to PM with a need for both on an international flight get em!
Old Jan 29, 2019, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
There is a thread for this here: <redundant thread link removed>

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 29, 2019 at 12:24 pm Reason: redundant thread link removed
Old Jan 29, 2019, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Starwood LP, Marriott P, Hilton Diamond
I have 3! PM Please!
Old Jan 30, 2019, 8:33 am

anyone flying today/tmrw? expiring systemwide to good home...

ping me!
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:36 am

One more available here.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by doctor3
This is my second year doing this. I have an extra SWU that expires 1/31. You folks know the drill.

l8r

-doc
Gone.

Just a heads up that you can apply the SWU beyond the 1/31/2019 date as long you can confirm it before 1/31/2019 and reticketed with attached SWU. If you cannot confirm before 1/31/2019 and can only standby, then SWU at 1/31/2019 will expire. I confirmed with the AA CR on this. So, if there are folks that have flights beyond 1/31/2019 and does have available confirmable seats at this point, those scenarios will work.

I just upgraded someone with February itinerary and confirmed that it does indeed work.

l8r

-doc
Brainless69 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.