Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Expiring SWU / VIP giveaway (strictly freely given): 2018 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 18, 2018, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SpammersAreScum
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

Please familiarize yourself with these ground rules. Posts that do not conform to these rules will be summarily removed (without notice to the poster).

AA: "Upgrades are void if sold or advertised for sale for cash or other considerations. Members may designate another passenger to use their upgrades."

• Asking for SWU passes is not permitted! Donors will post here, and members are welcome to communicate via PM from there. If you don't see an open request, don't ask for one.
  • In order to comply with AAdvantage T&C, SWU must given freely, with no strings attached. Requests for money, trading for SWU with different expiry or another airline’s instruments, or any other consideration, whether in the clear or via PM, are not allowed.
  • Out of respect of our generous donors, please follow their instructions and contact them with the information they request.
  • Donors can ultimately make the choice of recipient (tenured/contributive member, longer flight itineraries, international vs. domestic, etc.).
  • Recipients are solely and entirely responsible for the payment of any fees or taxes associated with the use of a gifted SWU (e.g. United Kingdom Air Passenger Duty).
  • This thread is NOT for the discussion of ethics, entitlement, or nomination of charities/groups as recipients. (Donating instruments for use in charity auctions or as prizes is prohibited by AAdvantage T&C.)
  • If anybody offers to sell, buy, barter or trade SWU by PM, please contact the moderators immediately, as this is a violation of AAdvantage and FlyerTalk rules. Appropriate disciplinary action will be taken.

For obsolete posts, please see ARCHIVE: Expiring SWU / VIP giveaway (strictly freely given): 2018 Edition (link) and the 2017 version.

Thanks everyone!

~AAdvantage forum moderators
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Expiring SWU / VIP giveaway (strictly freely given): 2018 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2018, 10:31 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat 2 mil miler, SkyMiles basic, Mileage Plus basic
Sorry for the long post, but have "lost/wasted" several SWU's in the past, and bothered me that they could have been used by someone who knows how to do so...

I have two SWU's expiring Jan 31, 2019 -- as per OP and other's requests, please confirm:
1. These will be used for long-haul flights >6 hours
2. You have confirmation of upgrade on the flight sought (wait list is not good enough these days despite your status, as I have been made painfully aware so many times as others)
3. If you are unable to use them, please notify immediately so that I can re-post or try to use them myself--there are several itineraries I can try for but unsure my passport/visas can return in time.

PM me if interested. In the interest of time, if I am unable to confirm by Jan 5, I will expedite my PP/visa and travel myself on a couple of segments I know I can confirm.

Merry Christmas/Happy New Year!
redrock and Eric Rodriguez like this.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 10:41 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by rampatt
Sorry for the long post, but have "lost/wasted" several SWU's in the past, and bothered me that they could have been used by someone who knows how to do so...

I have two SWU's expiring Jan 31, 2019 -- as per OP and other's requests, please confirm:
2. You have confirmation of upgrade on the flight sought (wait list is not good enough these days despite your status, as I have been made painfully aware so many times as others)
3. If you are unable to use them, please notify immediately so that I can re-post or try to use them myself--there are several itineraries I can try for but unsure my passport/visas can return in time.

PM me if interested. In the interest of time, if I am unable to confirm by Jan 5, I will expedite my PP/visa and travel myself on a couple of segments I know I can confirm.

PM sent. Merry Christmas!
Old Dec 25, 2018, 7:23 pm

Programs: oneworld *A,Nexus/GE

PM sent . Thanks and Merry Christmas
Old Dec 25, 2018, 7:46 pm

Programs: American Airlines

PM sent. Happy Holidays!
Old Dec 28, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat 2 mil miler, SkyMiles basic, Mileage Plus basic
The two SWU's I posted about have now been issued/used. thanks--Rampatt
Old Dec 29, 2018, 2:32 pm

I have 2 SWUs I can’t use and don’t want to see AA take away. Up for grabs, first come and best dressed.

- ideally for 1 pax RT or 2 pax OW;
- for travel until end of Jan;
- longhaul flights (>6hrs);
- confirmed C space available, will not waitlist;

redrock and Shi Ecca like this.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 2:46 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Dang this would be perfect, but im travelling mid to end of february .
Old Dec 29, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, HH Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by mlqsko
I have 2 SWUs I can’t use and don’t want to see AA take away. Up for grabs, first come and best dressed.

PM sent
Old Dec 31, 2018, 7:55 pm
Formally known as reinmedia

Programs: AA EXP | EX UA 1K | Marriot Titanium
Originally Posted by mlqsko

PM sent
Old Jan 1, 2019, 10:31 am

Still available, I want to give them away with one call, so please don't ask for one of them. thanks.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 1:11 pm

PM SENT

Last edited by USMC_87; Jan 2, 2019 at 1:19 pm
Old Jan 6, 2019, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, AA CK MM, HH Diamond, SPG Prem Plat
2 SWU Available - Claimed

Same offer as others.
- Expire 1/31/19
- Confirmed inventory only
- PM me

These have been claimed and are no longer available.

Last edited by allikator; Jan 6, 2019 at 4:44 pm Reason: Claimed
Old Jan 6, 2019, 5:28 pm

Is there a way to search online at AA website for confirmable space?
If the itenarary starts on 1/31, overnight layover in ORD, long haul on 2/1 will that be alright since it started on Jan 31?
Are there taxes and fees assosciated with it?

this is incredibly generous of y’all and if I had them I would do the same.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:39 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
I have 2 SWU that are available. Expire 1/31. Confirmable space only. Prefer itineraries with long-haul or international and active members of FT.

PM me.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:50 am

swnt you pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.