FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Upgrades Options by AA operated flight but BA marketed and stock (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1930259-upgrades-options-aa-operated-flight-but-ba-marketed-stock.html)

ilkhats44 Sep 12, 2018 3:05 pm

Upgrades Options by AA operated flight but BA marketed and stock

My company booked me on BA but because the ticket was purchased via BA, I can't upgrade nor am I able to use my miles nor status to upgrade to PE or Business Class. When I check in, if seats are available, will I be given the option to purchase an upgrade to PE or Business?

Antarius Sep 12, 2018 5:06 pm

You may be offered an LBFU if there is a lot of space. But unfortunately , as it is BA marketed there is no way to use miles/copay or SWUs.

Dave Noble Sep 12, 2018 5:47 pm

Is it a BA codeshare on an AA flight ot is it just an AA flight booked via BA?

Amil Sep 12, 2018 6:01 pm

Ya no go for me either I have flight to London Friday aa metal BA paper

Andriyko Sep 13, 2018 2:18 am

Originally Posted by Antarius (Post 30197501)
as it is BA marketed there is no way to use miles/copay or SWUs.

BA*AA flights (Y and B booking classes only) can be upgraded with AA miles. The issue here is that the ticket was issued on 125 (BA) stock. Some members here claim that AA does not care about the ticket stock but it seems that AA does.

ilkhats44 Sep 13, 2018 3:50 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble (Post 30197617)
Is it a BA codeshare on an AA flight ot is it just an AA flight booked via BA?

Ticketed via BA on an AA operated flight.

Dave Noble Sep 13, 2018 5:33 am

Originally Posted by ilkhats44 (Post 30198730)
Ticketed via BA on an AA operated flight.

Not who issued the ticket but what is the flight number? is it a BAxxxx flight number or an AAxxx number

ilkhats44 Sep 13, 2018 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble (Post 30198899)
Not who issued the ticket but what is the flight number? is it a BAxxxx flight number or an AAxxx number

BA flight number

Originally Posted by Andriyko (Post 30198577)
BA*AA flights (Y and B booking classes only) can be upgraded with AA miles. The issue here is that the ticket was issued on 125 (BA) stock. Some members here claim that AA does not care about the ticket stock but it seems that AA does.

yes, they care. Denied!

JonNYC Sep 13, 2018 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by ilkhats44 (Post 30200799)

yes, they care. Denied!

Originally Posted by ilkhats44 (Post 30200796)

BA flight number

-that- is the reason you were not able to upgrade, -not- the reason you were replying to (AA-issued ticket vs. BA-issued ticket on a AA operated/AA #'d segment.)

Andriyko Sep 14, 2018 2:09 am

Originally Posted by ilkhats44 (Post 30200799)
yes, they care. Denied!

Did you meet the other condition (being booked in Y or B booking classes if it is a BA-coded flight)?

ilkhats44 Sep 14, 2018 3:12 am

Here is the flight information from the ticket:

Flight BRITISH AIRWAYS BAXXXX (AMERICAN AIRLINES)
DEPARTURE London Heathrow (LHR - Terminal 3) ARRIVAL Dallas/Fort Worth Intl (DFW - Terminal D)
Booking status Confirmed Flight duration 10:15 (non-stop)
Equipment Boeing 777-300er Passenger Meal available Lunch
Class Economy/Coach (B)

Dave Noble Sep 14, 2018 3:16 am

The booking class is eligible for an upgrade to Premium Economy ( if there is award availability) however , as per https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...r-airlines.jsp

Reservations booked through a source other than American Airlines must include at least one flight with an American Airlines flight number in order to be eligible (includes codeshare flights operated by British Airways or Iberia but booked as an American Airlines flight number.)

Do you have any flight in your itinerary that is booked as an AA flight number? If so, then you meet the eligibility requirements , otherwise you will have to settle for travel in economy ( or pay fare difference )

ilkhats44 Sep 14, 2018 3:48 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble (Post 30202348)

Do you have any flight in your itinerary that is booked as an AA flight number? If so, then you meet the eligibility requirements , otherwise you will have to settle for travel in economy ( or pay fare difference )

No, just BA.

ilkhats44 Sep 14, 2018 3:54 am

Look like my only option will be to get a LBFU on check in. Will I be able to check in on AA.com for the AA operated flight from LHR-DFW?

Dave Noble Sep 14, 2018 4:01 am

Originally Posted by ilkhats44 (Post 30202409)
Look like my only option will be to get a LBFU on check in. Will I be able to check in on AA.com for the AA operated flight from LHR-DFW?

You will, I believe, check in on the BA website - I would not expect to get any discounted offer at check in for an AA operated flight

You would have a better chance if you were to switch to a BA flight