Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LUS Uniform Compliance

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2018, 10:29 am
Original Poster

LUS Uniform Compliance

Several months into the new uniforms, it's surprising to still see the US flight attendants frequently bearing the old US Airways flag logo in the terminals and on board. Particular offenders are the blue US flag sweaters in the terminal and the US embroidered aprons during in flight service. Is there anyone enforcing the new uniforms? I can't imagine a DL mainline attendant being allowed to fly with a mix-and-match of their old and new uniform pieces. Or is it an issue that the new collection does not include pieces that can serve as a suitable replacement for these items.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ATLMike1234
Several months into the new uniforms, it's surprising to still see the US flight attendants frequently bearing the old US Airways flag logo in the terminals and on board. Particular offenders are the blue US flag sweaters in the terminal and the US embroidered aprons during in flight service. Is there anyone enforcing the new uniforms? I can't imagine a DL mainline attendant being allowed to fly with a mix-and-match of their old and new uniform pieces. Or is it an issue that the new collection does not include pieces that can serve as a suitable replacement for these items.
Given how badly received the new uniforms were in terms of quality and issues, I think AA is not forcing the issue on wearing them.

new uniforms will be introduced next year (maybe?) at which time, I expect them to enforce the rules better.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 4:48 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by ATLMike1234
Several months into the new uniforms...
It's actually been two years and there have been numerous health issues reported with the Twin Hill uniforms.
JonNYC and Antarius like this.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 5:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
They didn't allow it originally but after the uniform issue, they allowed FAs to wear their older uniforms if they wanted.

The new uniforms are through Lands End and Lands End says it is using the same material it has used for hundreds of other employers without a problem but ...any bets on whether there are complaints about the Lands End ones?
Old Sep 9, 2018, 6:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
The brand inconsistency is appalling at AA.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 6:07 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
<self redacted>

Last edited by Dallas49er; Sep 10, 2018 at 5:01 pm
Old Sep 9, 2018, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
The brand inconsistency is appalling at AA.
I really haven't noticed. I'm flying to SEA tuesday and I'll remind myself to look. Aren't they supposed to be blue skirts or pants for women and blue slacks for men with a sport coat?
Old Sep 9, 2018, 6:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
There are literally 3 different uniforms floating around: LAA, LUS and “new” AA
Old Sep 9, 2018, 6:20 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
If you listen to last weeks episode of "Tell Me Why" they talk more about the new uniforms.

also take a listen to this episode:
Old Sep 9, 2018, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dallas49er
I was given a USMC uniform in 1968, and have no sympathy for alleged uniform "health issues". Wear it or go somewhere else. Political correctness will be the end of us.
just because the uniform may have been bad then, doesnt make bad uniforms ok. This doesnt strike me as a PC debate at all..

theres a lot of things that the USMC (and other branches) do, so that the rest of us dont have to. Theres a reason I thank service members for their service and not every FA I see.
Dallas49er, rollthere, SK and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by Dallas49er
I was given a USMC uniform in 1968, and have no sympathy for alleged uniform "health issues". Wear it or go somewhere else. Political correctness will be the end of us.
You believe medical issues caused by uniforms from a vendor previously found to have
13 of 35 fabric samples appeared to have excess levels of arsenic and lead, 6 of 35 samples appeared to have excess levels of chromium
to be "political correctness"?

And I have no idea what receiving a military uniform from 50 years ago has to do with anything.
Antarius, TWA884, ashill and 3 others like this.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TWA884
It's actually been two years and there have been numerous health issues reported with the Twin Hill uniforms.
I thought that the LUS switched over much later than LAA. However maybe I was just confused by the fact that I saw the old uniform being worn on recent flights earlier in 2018, and had assumed they hadn't switched yet, when in fact I was just seeing FA's who refused to wear the new ones.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 6:53 am
OTD

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Skymiles, Mileage Plus
I've seen LUS crew wear parts of their old uniforms. Not a big deal. I'm much more concerned with whether I get a PDB in front, or maybe just a smile in the back, than whether someone's wearing a sweater that says U.S. Airways on it.
ashill likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I always thought it would be cool to have the legacy logos on the name badges at the bottom. In a small and tasteful way.

Just like the heritage liveries, would be a way FAs could rep their roots, if they wanted to. Sort of like the SPG badges with what the person likes or is interested in etc.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 8:38 am
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
I've seen former TWA FA's wear TWA pins on their uniforms which I thought was cool. I don't care with what they wear so much as I care about what service they provide.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.