Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using AA Miles for F from MLE: EY vs CX

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2018, 2:07 pm

Programs: WP
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Alcohol selection is broader (all the sakes) and probably a bit higher end (e.g., the ~$400-500 retail Salon, vs. what used to be ~$175 Krug NV but has been stepped up to sometimes ~$250 vintage Krug). Although frankly, at least in the air, I preferred their "backup" bubbly, the Charles Heidesieck Blanc des Millenaires (~$200) to the Salon.
Don't forget the 21yr Hibiki
Old Mar 9, 2019, 3:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Originally Posted by OneWorldSapphire
Curious to get opinions from the team. Husband and I are redeeming 115,000 AA miles to return (First Class) to LA next summer from the Maldives. Options are via the Atlantic on EY or via the Pacific on CX. Routes would be:
Hi there. We are flying to MLE soon via SG and CX. Will visit St. Regis Maldives first week of April.

Anyway, pretty sure you booked already but I sure hope you chose JL F. Way better than CX and EY F, as long as you are not averse to Japanese fine dining (some people might not like all the seafood). I absolutely loved my JL F experience and planning another trip this November (already booked RC Kyoto).

I'd rank JL F on par with ANA F, which I'd say is a cut above SG F, followed by CX F.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Plat, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ijgordon
CX F food has never really been top-of-class, like the Japanese carriers, but it's usually pretty good if not particularly imaginative.
I realize this is a bit OT but I would take CX J food over JL J (at least comparing BOS-HKG and BOS-NRT) in a heartbeat. I've flown CX 2 round trips in the last 18 months and JL 1, and the CX food put the JL food to shame. Neither was anywhere near as good as what you might get in a reasonably good restaurant in any of those 3 cities (BOS, HKG, Tokyo), but the JAL food was really quite bad.
GTITAN likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
Hi there. We are flying to MLE soon via SG and CX. Will visit St. Regis Maldives first week of April.

Anyway, pretty sure you booked already but I sure hope you chose JL F. Way better than CX and EY F, as long as you are not averse to Japanese fine dining (some people might not like all the seafood). I absolutely loved my JL F experience and planning another trip this November (already booked RC Kyoto).

I'd rank JL F on par with ANA F, which I'd say is a cut above SG F, followed by CX F.
The St Regis looks great! We ended up choosing the One&Only for our Maldives trip (they had an amazing Black Friday sale which included free full board and transfers), and are looking forward to it. And we did go with JAL F! After everyone's response, it seemed to be the favourite. We're flying QR MLE-DOH-NRT (QSuites now on the DOH-NRT route!), with 24 hours in Tokyo, and then NRT-LAX in JL F. We had to do 2 separate redemptions, but worth it for the night in Tokyo and to try JAL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.