Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flight attendant threatened to ‘spank’ me

Flight attendant threatened to ‘spank’ me

Old Sep 4, 2018, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
People are way too uptight.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 11:12 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Somewhere, on an AA FA only board, the mentioned FA posted "have all pax lost their sense of humour?"
wrp96, msp3 and mauve like this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 11:20 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
People are way too uptight.
Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
Somewhere, on an AA FA only board, the mentioned FA posted "have all pax lost their sense of humour?"
OP said he smiled each time. The only uptight person seems to be the third-party in the row ahead who turned around and called them pigs.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 11:41 pm

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold
Bizarre. Had the captain already made any announcements - or been mentioned by name by the co-pilot or cabin service director (or whatever they are called on AA) in an announcement?

If not I'd have asked the woman in front why she assumed the captain was a man and not a woman!
enpremiere likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by GinFizz
Bizarre. Had the captain already made any announcements - or been mentioned by name by the co-pilot or cabin service director (or whatever they are called on AA) in an announcement?

If not I'd have asked the woman in front why she assumed the captain was a man and not a woman!
An FA usually give the names of the captain and first officer before take off.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 12:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
Were you able to ascertain her position on Coke Zero?
Old Sep 5, 2018, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by chrisny2
OP said he smiled each time. The only uptight person seems to be the third-party in the row ahead who turned around and called them pigs.
The OP saying "I just awkwardly smiled" & "I just awkwardly smiled again" indicates he may not have been all that comfortable about it. Though I completely agree with you about the women seating a row a head, she needs to MHOB.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 1:38 am

Programs: OW Emerald
Some people would pay extra for that. Maybe AA is taking unbundling to the next level.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 3:26 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
Was this after takeoff? AA pilots seem to forget to turn the sign off or wait nearly an hour inflight. I’ve gotten up for the lav before when there were no bumps and never threatened with a spanking. Air travel seems to bring out the weirdo factor.
You obviously have never been on United. I've gotten accustomed to the "The seatbelt sign is still on" as I pass by on my way to the loo.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 5:56 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by NYCommuter
The FA was totally unprofessional regardless of intent.

If a guy FA said that to a woman, he’d be in hot water.
Yawn....

If it is as told, the only nut job in the story is the 20-somthing woman.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 6:02 am

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
"..sometimes love don't feel like it should."
hahahaha

You win the Internet today. lol
Old Sep 5, 2018, 7:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Not having been there, I don't think I would have taken offense but somebody not accustomed to US carriers may have found it unusual (I recently had a flight attendant who called everybody "sweetie" and have walked into the F galley looking for water and been addressed "what's up babe?"). Informal / colloquial, perhaps bordering on unprofessional (could you imagine CX flight attendants doing this)? but not offensive.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by SFTNYC
Not having been there, I don't think I would have taken offense but somebody not accustomed to US carriers may have found it unusual
Absolutely, but that's just international travel, isn't it? Cultural differences have the potential to cause offence the world over.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 7:56 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTitanium, BAEC Silver
This FA needs to become an airport lounge agent so that she can threaten to spank all those DYKWIA idiots who either don't use headphones or use too many power sockets.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Just get your photo on the cover of Forbes Magazine. You'll get offers of a free spanking from women of various professions, not just flight attendants.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.